Patient Comments: Elbow Pain - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with elbow pain.

Comment from: dmac, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 26

The back of my left elbow experiences piercing spurts of pain, of and on, for 6 months now. It starts on the inner elbow, on the funny bone (extremely sensitive) and goes up the triceps, along the back tendon, which now appears to be swollen - the one connecting the elbow and the shoulder.

Comment from: maynie36, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 19

I have nonstop pain in my elbow that leads down my arm and am unable to extend my middle finger. Also the pain goes down the same side back of the leg and the knee. I haven"t had it checked out, just dealing with the pain.

Comment from: Stewee, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 07

I was chopping a tree down with an axe when I suddenly felt something twang as if a tendon had torn. This happened 5 years ago and since this happened I have never been able to fully straighten my arm, I get elbow pain when my arm is fully stretched.

Comment from: maryann, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 14

I have pain along the inner side of my elbow, feels like an elastic is being snapped on my arm; it hurts and burns. I do have cervical degenerative disease and bulging discs, narrowing and protrusions in central spine.

Comment from: kk316, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 10

My left inner elbow has been achy for several months (I am right handed) and usually feels better after I ice it. The last couple of weeks it is now in both inner elbows. It feels like a dull, throbbing ache and heaviness. As soon as I am awake I can feel it and hurts when I carry things.

Comment from: depersis, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 03

I have sharp stabbing pain like a needle or a piece of glass is lodged in the elbow. Leaning on it causes severe shooting pain, I have no prior injuries to the elbow.

Comment from: Rollo2112, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 05

I started meditation a year ago and every morning I do a kneeling exercise; about 2 months ago when I knelt I felt sharp pain in my knees; if I get in just the right position everything is ok. If I move slightly to the right or left I had sharp pain. Then just couple weeks ago my elbow started doing the same thing. I had cut back on the kneeling, then my elbows started doing the same thing.

Comment from: mikeross, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 24

For the last two weeks I have had pain in my right elbow right on the tip of the bone. It seems to throb sometimes and keeps me up some nights. It feels like someone hit it with a baseball bat. I had pain in my underarm area also but it seems to have gone away. My arm also feels weak like when I lift something.

Comment from: goodness, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I usually have pain on the outside of my left elbow this is on and off. But I suddenly developed a pain like muscle pull in my arm. It later spread into the inner elbow side and my forearm and gave me a sleepless night and pain on stretching my arm. At times I feel like there are shooting pains even without movement or touch.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 09

I sit at a desk all day. My pain has been apparent the last month. I have increased elbow pain and irritation of the funny bone. The discomfort level is mild and often times shoots down my forearm. I usually wake up several times at night with numb and tingling fingers (pinky and ring). I experience the numbness on both hands, but it is more consistent in my left hand...which makes sense because I am a lefty. The numbness and tingling goes away by lying on my back and placing my arms at my sides.

Elbow Pain - Causes Question: What caused your elbow pain?
Elbow Pain - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your elbow pain?