Patient Comments: Elbow Pain - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with elbow pain.

Comment from: kk316, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 10

My left inner elbow has been achy for several months (I am right handed) and usually feels better after I ice it. The last couple of weeks it is now in both inner elbows. It feels like a dull, throbbing ache and heaviness. As soon as I am awake I can feel it and hurts when I carry things.

Comment from: depersis, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 03

I have sharp stabbing pain like a needle or a piece of glass is lodged in the elbow. Leaning on it causes severe shooting pain, I have no prior injuries to the elbow.

Comment from: Rollo2112, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 05

I started meditation a year ago and every morning I do a kneeling exercise; about 2 months ago when I knelt I felt sharp pain in my knees; if I get in just the right position everything is ok. If I move slightly to the right or left I had sharp pain. Then just couple weeks ago my elbow started doing the same thing. I had cut back on the kneeling, then my elbows started doing the same thing.

Comment from: mikeross, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 24

For the last two weeks I have had pain in my right elbow right on the tip of the bone. It seems to throb sometimes and keeps me up some nights. It feels like someone hit it with a baseball bat. I had pain in my underarm area also but it seems to have gone away. My arm also feels weak like when I lift something.

Comment from: goodness, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I usually have pain on the outside of my left elbow this is on and off. But I suddenly developed a pain like muscle pull in my arm. It later spread into the inner elbow side and my forearm and gave me a sleepless night and pain on stretching my arm. At times I feel like there are shooting pains even without movement or touch.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 09

I sit at a desk all day. My pain has been apparent the last month. I have increased elbow pain and irritation of the funny bone. The discomfort level is mild and often times shoots down my forearm. I usually wake up several times at night with numb and tingling fingers (pinky and ring). I experience the numbness on both hands, but it is more consistent in my left hand...which makes sense because I am a lefty. The numbness and tingling goes away by lying on my back and placing my arms at my sides.

Comment from: Anomaly, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 06

My left elbow hurts right on the tip of the bone on the inside of the joint. I am left-handed (very) and do a lot of cooking and baking, I think, from the reading I've done, I'm too short for my kitchen counters. I caught myself holding my left shoulder higher in a tense position. Also, I injured my left shoulder reaching for a box of dishwashing detergent from under the counter. The combination of reach plus weight (it was a new box) caused the injury to my shoulder. There was a definite 'pop' at the top of the shoulder, almost as soon I picked up the box. The elbow injury is due to repetitive motion, and I've had that for years. But now, I'm making an effort to relax my upper body while working; I'm getting a small box to stand on. I'm using ice packs and Tylenol extra-strength for inflammation and pain.

Published: July 28

My right (non-writing) arm is experiencing pain in the inner joint-area of the elbow. There is no apparent swelling, bruising, heat/cold sensation or specific pain spot. Rather, it is a general soreness around the joint itself. Nothing abnormal has occurred to the area, and no excessive use of the arm with unusual stress or strain. When bent for a while, it is initially painful to straighten. The other arm (left, writing-hand) arm experiences this to a much lesser degree. Very infrequently, there will be a twinge with 'pins-and-needles' feeling which is very brief. I do use the first, most afflicted arm for most duties, opening doors, carrying items, etc. I do sleep with my arm bent under the pillow.

Elbow Pain - Causes Question: What caused your elbow pain?
Elbow Pain - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your elbow pain?