Patient Comments: Elbow Pain - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with elbow pain.

Comment from: Pinkykid, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

About 3 years ago a door was slammed into the outside of my elbow, taking my breath away. The pain continued past a few weeks so I had it x-rayed where they didn"t see anything abnormal. My arm was taped with kinesiology tape which helped. I have banged the same spot a few months ago and it has flared up. Causing pain in the middle of the night, waking me. It hurts to extend my arm and using my finger to spray a bottle. I have tried resting, wrapping and icing it. Nothing has really helped.

Comment from: biljohn10, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 14

I started having pain in my left arm around the elbow area suddenly. This has been hurting and I have had very severe pain now for almost two months. It is on the outer portion of the elbow but tender around the entire area. It hurts worst when I try to move it, when I extend it or when bend it. It has very limited range and hurts worse if I extend my arm palm up. I am not sure what is going on with that it hurts nonstop.

Comment from: Cabokalz, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 10

Recently while working on my home, I seem to have injured my right arm in the index to inside elbow area. Not bumping it or anything, just all of a sudden (one morning) when I try mudding and taping for example, I get a sharp pain right on the tip of the most inside bone of my elbow, that in fact, is very painful to the touch. Another example is while driving, when I extend my arm to push the radio button with my index finger (only, if I push it with my thumb, no pain) it is very painful and is also very painful when touched. I wonder what I pulled and also wonder how long this type of injury takes to heal as I am right in the middle of remodeling the house I live in and am about to start re-roofing because the roof leaks.

Comment from: daisy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

I have suffered with pain in left wrist, arm and my elbow, which travels to my wing on my back. If I try to lift anything I am debilitated for a week. I had so much physical therapy, shots, and pills for 30 years. I have been diagnosed with tennis elbow (which I find hard to believe) and mild carpal tunnel.

Comment from: MikeMc, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 05

I suffer from chronic pain of the inner elbow, despite stretching/massaging the pain does not decline. Cycling aggravates the pain making the muscle very tight and tender to the touch, my work involves a lot of arm work (shoulder and elbow) and sometimes despite "taking it easy", there does not seem to be a reduction in the pain.

Comment from: pat, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 02

My elbows are tender at the pointy joint, it doesn't hurt when moving in any direction. If I place my elbow on any surface there is a sharp excruciating pain on contact. I can put no weight on the elbow just resting it at times. There is no swelling, no movement restrictions, no trauma now or in past. It occurs on both elbows.

Comment from: bradley, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 24

I hit the outside of my elbow quite hard and it immediately sent funny bone pains down my arm. The point of contact was a bony prominence on the outside of my left elbow. The pain was excruciating and very tender to the touch but seemed to be without swelling. The pain eventually left after 6 months. A month ago I hit the same place and the pain returned. Now it is difficult to grip anything tightly with my left hand. I get pains at night and have to flex my hand for some relief. The pain does not seem to be going this time.

Comment from: scoobs078, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 23

No particular thing I did that caused the pain in my right arm. If you hold your arm close to your body and tense your arm it's in the place where the muscle ends but before the shoulder. It's not a muscle thing because it doesn't hurt when the muscle is pulled but it hurts a lot when the arm is extended, even just to stretch. And lifting anything with my arm away from my body even slightly hurts terribly.

Elbow Pain - Causes Question: What caused your elbow pain?
Elbow Pain - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your elbow pain?