Patient Comments: Elbow Pain - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with elbow pain.

Comment from: dmac, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 26

The back of my left elbow experiences piercing spurts of pain, of and on, for 6 months now. It starts on the inner elbow, on the funny bone (extremely sensitive) and goes up the triceps, along the back tendon, which now appears to be swollen - the one connecting the elbow and the shoulder.

Comment from: Cabokalz, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 10

Recently while working on my home, I seem to have injured my right arm in the index to inside elbow area. Not bumping it or anything, just all of a sudden (one morning) when I try mudding and taping for example, I get a sharp pain right on the tip of the most inside bone of my elbow, that in fact, is very painful to the touch. Another example is while driving, when I extend my arm to push the radio button with my index finger (only, if I push it with my thumb, no pain) it is very painful and is also very painful when touched. I wonder what I pulled and also wonder how long this type of injury takes to heal as I am right in the middle of remodeling the house I live in and am about to start re-roofing because the roof leaks.

Comment from: daisy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

I have suffered with pain in left wrist, arm and my elbow, which travels to my wing on my back. If I try to lift anything I am debilitated for a week. I had so much physical therapy, shots, and pills for 30 years. I have been diagnosed with tennis elbow (which I find hard to believe) and mild carpal tunnel.

Comment from: MikeMc, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 05

I suffer from chronic pain of the inner elbow, despite stretching/massaging the pain does not decline. Cycling aggravates the pain making the muscle very tight and tender to the touch, my work involves a lot of arm work (shoulder and elbow) and sometimes despite "taking it easy", there does not seem to be a reduction in the pain.

Comment from: pat, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 02

My elbows are tender at the pointy joint, it doesn't hurt when moving in any direction. If I place my elbow on any surface there is a sharp excruciating pain on contact. I can put no weight on the elbow just resting it at times. There is no swelling, no movement restrictions, no trauma now or in past. It occurs on both elbows.

Comment from: bradley, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 24

I hit the outside of my elbow quite hard and it immediately sent funny bone pains down my arm. The point of contact was a bony prominence on the outside of my left elbow. The pain was excruciating and very tender to the touch but seemed to be without swelling. The pain eventually left after 6 months. A month ago I hit the same place and the pain returned. Now it is difficult to grip anything tightly with my left hand. I get pains at night and have to flex my hand for some relief. The pain does not seem to be going this time.

Comment from: maynie36, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 19

I have nonstop pain in my elbow that leads down my arm and am unable to extend my middle finger. Also the pain goes down the same side back of the leg and the knee. I haven"t had it checked out, just dealing with the pain.

Comment from: Stewee, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 07

I was chopping a tree down with an axe when I suddenly felt something twang as if a tendon had torn. This happened 5 years ago and since this happened I have never been able to fully straighten my arm, I get elbow pain when my arm is fully stretched.

Comment from: maryann, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 14

I have pain along the inner side of my elbow, feels like an elastic is being snapped on my arm; it hurts and burns. I do have cervical degenerative disease and bulging discs, narrowing and protrusions in central spine.

Elbow Pain - Causes Question: What caused your elbow pain?
Elbow Pain - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your elbow pain?