Elbow Pain Index
Elbow pain is most often the result of tendinitis, which can affect the inner or outer elbow. Treatment includes ice, rest, and medication for inflammation. Inflammation, redness, warmth, swelling, tenderness, and decreased range of motion are other symptoms associated with elbow pain. Treatment for elbow pain depends upon the nature of the patient's underlying disease or condition.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
- Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- tramadol (Ultram, Ultram ER, Conzip)
- naproxen, Anaprox, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Aleve
- ibuprofen (Advil, Children's Advil/Motrin, Medipren, Motrin, Nuprin, PediaCare Fever, and others)
Cellulitis is an acute spreading bacterial infection below the surface of the skin characterized by redness, warmth,...learn more »
A pinched nerve causes pain, numbness, or tingling in the affected area due to pressure on a nerve. Caral tunnel and sciatica are...learn more »
A broken toe is one of the most common fractures among individuals. There are many causes of a broken toe, whether it is the big...learn more »
Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints. When joints are inflamed they can develop stiffness, warmth, swelling, redness...learn more »
In This Article
- Arthritis facts
- What is arthritis?
- How many types of arthritis exist?
- What causes arthritis?
- What are risk factors for arthritis?
- What are arthritis symptoms and signs?
- Who is affected by arthritis?
- How do
health-care professionals diagnose arthritis? Why is a diagnosis important?
- Is there an arthritis diet?
- Are there foods to avoid when you have arthritis?
- What is the treatment for arthritis?
- What are the prognosis (outlook) for arthritis, and what are arthritis complications?
- Is it possible to prevent arthritis?
- What is a rheumatologist, and what specialties of doctors treat arthritis?
- What is the Arthritis Foundation?
A bursa is a fluid-filled sac found in the joints that cusions them. Bursitis is an inflammation of the bursae, most commonly...learn more »
In This Article
- Bursitis facts
- What are causes of bursitis?
- What are bursitis risk factors?
- What are bursitis symptoms and signs?
- When should someone seek medical care for bursitis?
- What specialists diagnose and treat bursitis?
exams do health-care professionals use to diagnose bursitis?
- What are bursitis treatments?
there bursitis home remedies?
- What is the medical treatment for bursitis?
- How often is follow-up needed after treatment of bursitis?
there a way to prevent bursitis?
- What is the prognosis for bursitis?
- Bursitis pictures
Sprains and Strains
An injury to a ligament is called a sprain, and an injury to muscle or tendon is called a strain. Sprains and strains may be...learn more »
In This Article
Sprains and Strains Article
- Sprains and strains facts
- What is the difference between a sprain and a strain?
- What causes a sprain or strain?
- Where do sprains and strains usually occur?
- What are sprain symptoms and signs?
- How are sprains and strains diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for sprains and strains?
- What is the recovery time for sprains and strains?
- Is it possible to prevent sprains and strains?
- What is the prognosis of sprains and strains?
- Where can people find more information about sprains and strains?