Patient Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome - Treatments

How was your Ehlers-Danlos syndrome treated?

Comment from: JoeBrewer, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: November 14

I was in the US ARMY when I was diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. Since then I was medical boarded out as when I ran often my knees would "pop" while it was what they called a minor subluxation, I called it major pain. I have dealt with it as best I can. I lost any ability to jump. To those suffering, I hope soon doctors learn more about this. You will find many whom want to give you some over the counter medications and truly lack the understanding of the pain you feel. I was on Lortab for some time to help but now have Tramadol which is doing nothing. I know have turned to alcohol as the doctors have failed me.

Was this comment helpful?Yes

Patient Comments

Viewers share their comments

Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome - Diagnosis Question: How was your Ehlers-Danlos syndrome diagnosed?
Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome - Share Your Experience Question: Do you or a relative have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (hypermobility)? Please share your experience.
Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome - Symptoms Question: What symptoms have you or someone you know experienced with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome?
Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome - Experience Question: What lifestyle changes have you experienced that has helped symptoms of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome?

Patient Comments are not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on MedicineNet. The opinions expressed in the comments section are of the author and the author alone. MedicineNet does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.

Alert If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.

Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration

You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.