Patient Comments: Edema - Causes

What caused your case of edema?

Comment from: ved, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 15

I am male age 40 years. I have had problems with micturition in urine for the last 12 years now, but after going through a lot of investigation/diagnosis they could not diagnose any particular disease. My problem continued with burning in urine, frequent urination, fatigue, insomnia, loss of appetite, headache, nausea, etc. The doctor used so many antibiotics to treat it, but the problem stayed the same. Now, the last six months, I am feeling pitting edema in my feet, hands, and around my eyes.

Was this comment helpful?Yes
Comment from: ChrisB, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 19

I had an immune reaction to injections of SynVisq into my knee joints. I had fever and severe pain in the joints as well as a flare up of a rare disease I have (Stiff Person's Syndrome), which causes severe, chronic muscle cramping of the lower extremities, including the lower back.

Was this comment helpful?Yes

Patient Comments

Viewers share their comments

Edema - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for edema?
Edema - Signs and Symptoms Question: In addition to swelling, what were your signs and symptoms associated with edema?
Edema - Salt Intake Question: If you've had edema, in what ways do you adjust your salt intake?
Edema - Diuretics Question: Do you take diuretics to control edema? Please discuss your experience.
Edema - Edema Experience Question: Please describe your experience with edema.

Patient Comments are not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on MedicineNet. The opinions expressed in the comments section are of the author and the author alone. MedicineNet does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.

Alert If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.

Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration

You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Health Solutions From Our Sponsors