Patient Comments: Edema - Edema Experience

Please describe your experience with edema.

Comment from: suni123, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 28

Suddenly I have pain and swelling with redness and heat in my legs, feet, hands, knees and joints. This has been going on for 3 weeks and the pain is severe. I am on Coumadin and cannot take some pain relievers. I cannot sleep and the pain is awful. I have a mechanical heart valve.

Comment from: ursula, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 22

I have diabetes and going through menopause. I have swelling in both feet and when I press on the skin it takes 8 seconds to go back to normal. I have no fever, no shortness of breath, just swollen feet.

Edema - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for edema?
Edema - Causes Question: What caused your case of edema?
Edema - Signs and Symptoms Question: In addition to swelling, what were your signs and symptoms associated with edema?
Edema - Salt Intake Question: If you've had edema, in what ways do you adjust your salt intake?
Edema - Diuretics Question: Do you take diurectics to control edema? Please discuss your experience.