Patient Comments: Edema - Diuretics

Do you take diurectics to control edema? Please discuss your experience.

Comment from: Martene, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 20

I take a diuretic pill every day for my edema and I can't go anywhere. I'm basically homebound. I has really changed my life, but I can't go without it. I suffer from shortness of breath, congestive heart failure, an enlarged heart, COPD, anxiety, and depression. But I do the best I can every day to cope with all of this instead of these issues have me – I have them. I enjoy my family and my grandchildren keep me going. I say – enjoy your life to the fullest.

Edema - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for edema?
Edema - Causes Question: What caused your case of edema?
Edema - Signs and Symptoms Question: In addition to swelling, what were your signs and symptoms associated with edema?
Edema - Salt Intake Question: If you've had edema, in what ways do you adjust your salt intake?
Edema - Edema Experience Question: Please describe your experience with edema.