Patient Comments: Eczema - Experience

Please describe your experience with Eczema.

Published: May 29

I first noticed eczema when I was working as a nail tech. After working in the field for a year, I woke up one morning to an annoying itch that drove me crazy and huge rashes all over my face. It continued like that for about six months until I got so fed up and decided to go to the dermatologist. She first said that it was a fungus, so knowing that I thought I had a fungus I was horrified. She prescribed a topic treatment to cure the fungus, but it made matters worse for me. After another month, I finally went back and she took a skin graph. She concluded that it was eczema. I was so upset for going so long with it on my face. People would look at me as though I was some creature from another planet. I still to this day do not know what's causing my eczema. It sure does have a mind of its own. I don't think I will ever be able to find out the solution to control it.

Eczema - Treatment Question: What treatment has been effective for your eczema?
Eczema - Symptoms and Signs Question: What were your eczema symptoms and signs?
Eczema - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with eczema.
Eczema - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have been effective for your eczema?