Patient Comments: Eczema - Experience

Please describe your experience with Eczema.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 16

I am 60 years old and have lupus for last 18 years about week ago I noticed a rasheson the lower back and it start spreading to left side of the butt and I am using cortisone cream and taking steroid of 5mg. Do you think it will help to cure eczema rashes, since I have experiences same symptom on the on the hand before.

Comment from: Aly, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: July 17

At first it was only my ring finger in my left hand that was affected. After some time, all my fingers then my palm started to itch. I tried my best to resist scratching it but gave up eventually. After the satisfaction of scratching, i then felt like the areas i scratched were burning. I really hate this eczema. Now, my palms are raw red and i cannot bend some of my fingers because the skin now is thick. I use hydrocortisone and foskina -b. i use foskina -b after having flare ups, and the other when it already subsided.

Comment from: Dizzydee, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 09

I have had eczema since I was a kid. It was so itchy and was always worse when summer time came. I went on the DR. Atkins diet 12 years ago and my eczema went away. I started to get it again this summer so I stopped eating breads, pastas and sugar. I am now free of it. (for now) I just need to keep my bread and pasta intake down.

Comment from: lilalycat, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: May 06

Since I was a child, I have had eczema all down my legs. The only thing I find that helps is liberal use of lotions; nothing prescribed is working. I have dry skin, a terrible itch, and sores opening every other day. I have resorted to tying a scarf to my leg to stop me from scratching in my sleep.

Comment from: BrElias, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 06

My eczema all started with gall bladder surgery over 10 years ago and I have been dealing with it since. Seems nothing helps not even medications, ointments, Aveeno, nothing. A point by my arms looks like I have chicken pox and instantly itching sometimes will having burning symptoms on other parts of body where the eczema is located.

Comment from: lizzys, 45-54 Female Published: September 02

I have suffered from eczema on and off for several years, and I found out recently that when I cut out all extra sugar in my diet, the eczema disappears. I read that eczema is a form of an internal yeast infection and that excess sugar contributes to the infection. Try it: It worked for me.

Comment from: Jake, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 02

I was born with eczema on most of my body and face. After a fairly traumatic childhood with a face and upper lip full of oozing lesions that were ultimately successfully treated with multiple steroid injections, I have enjoyed an adulthood with my eczema largely in remission, except for when in a deeply stressful situation. I am now 46 and suddenly dealing with its recurrence but in unlikely places: my navel and the inside of one ear.

Comment from: YN3 Moss, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: September 02

Well, this is the first time I have ever had eczema. It started at the end of May this year while I have been deployed. It is funny actually where it began on my body: my butt. Crazy but true. I didn't know what it was at the time. I thought it was just some itch I had and would go away. A week passed and I still had it. It spread to my thighs, then my stomach, then my arms and back and neck, even my crotch. I checked with our medical corpsman on our ship and they didn't know what it was at first but a second time going, they figured it out. They gave me all sorts of medicine for it, but they never really worked. Much later on, it started getting better but then I stopped taking the medicine, thinking it would get better. That pretty much started the cycle all over again. Today, I still have it and of course it has only been three months since it began. My butt is clear of the itching but I think I still might have the little red bumps there. It still itches on my arms, chest, legs and my sides and neck a little. I did however found out what the most likely cause to it is: climate change. I do believe that is why I got it, but I am continuing to take care of myself and get rid of this thing for now.

Eczema - Treatment Question: What treatment has been effective for your eczema?
Eczema - Symptoms and Signs Question: What were your eczema symptoms and signs?
Eczema - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with eczema.
Eczema - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have been effective for your eczema?