Patient Comments: Eczema - Treatments

What treatments have been effective for your eczema?

Comment from: FoamyGirl, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I had a bad case of eczema all over both hands for years. Around 6 years ago, I started using Dial Foam hand soap. Within a couple weeks, the eczema disappeared and has not been back. I had tried several creams that worked but had to always be reapplied. But nothing has worked like foaming hand soap. And it has to be foam; liquid soap, which I had been using for at least 10 years prior, did not work. At least for me, this was a total cure. I have not used any prescription creams or anything else since.

Comment from: exzema girl, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 04

I have suffered from eczema my whole life it's a terrible condition it caused me a great deal of problems when I attended school I was picked on because my eczema was so bad I could not hide it covers about 90 percent of my body I still struggle everyday with eczema and have found very few med. that helps it gets painful even to lay in my bed due to my rash and at times I break out in sores I hope one day they find a cure so that people can finally find some relief.

Comment from: katpark, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: February 22

I have had eczema since I was 6 months old. Around my eyes the side of my nose, around my mouth and inside my elbows. It was so bad I was waking up in the morning with blood all over my clothing and sheets from itching in my sleep (I have very short nails, that's how hard I was scratching) I have yet to find a cure, but exposure to uv light helps. I have done almost everything out there and nothing is helping the eczema on my face. I have done allergy testing, bleach baths, oatmeal, every lotion they sell in CT, natural healing methods, olive oil creams, coconut oils, teas, fish oils (which I still take) vitamin supplements, everything under the sun! Nothing works, and cortisone creams from my dermatologist make things worse, and it burns so badly I have to jump in the shower to wash it all off.

Comment from: San, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 01

I've suffered with eczema most of my life. I always had it on the inside of my elbow when we lived in Montana, after moving to the wet and rainy Northwest it began breaking out on my face. What works for me is Aquaphor (by Eucerine) an allergy pill (Benadryl at night and Zertec during the day) and to really soothed it instantly 'Instant Age Rewind', I'm not kidding this foundation hides and heals!!!! It has worked for my sisters also! Try it!

Published: December 16

I had severe eczema as a kid from the age 9 or so up until high school. It was on both feet and spread working its way half way up my legs. I would scratch all night and wake up with bloody oozing skin. I was very self-conscious about it. Other kids made fun of me. They called me scabby and crusty. I refused to take off my shoes and socks around friends. I wouldn't go swimming. I went to numerous dermatologists and tried numerous lotions and such. I had a skin biopsy taken once and tried everything from teas to changing diet, etc. Until Temovate (Clobetasol Propionate) ointment came into my life at age 15. In about 3 months of using this my eczema was gone. I remember the day that I saw just a small spot of clear skin on my left foot. It was one of the greatest days of my life. After years of battling this disease and searching for a solution. I have never had any problems up until a few months ago when it started to flare up again on my shins. I went to the doctor and told him about my previous experience. He prescribed Clobetasol propionate and within a few weeks its gone again. I don't know if this will work for everyone but it was the ONLY thing that helped me.

Comment from: tawerasimpsonr, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: August 07

I've suffered Eczema since birth, so I was told and still do. Eczema covers around 90% of my skin. I find having eczema is like a burden that lasts a lifetime. I go to school and see that my face was dry, then start moisturizing with a Cream called Aqueous Cream BP that my GP gave me, then a few minutes later, I just ended up scratching it all off felt like ripping my skin off, like literally. I've just recently got a new GP, and suggested me to a Cream called Cetamacrogol, and it's really good! I also find Hydrocortisone a good cream, but because I do a lot of physical activities, I've got to put it on like, a day or two before I do activities.

Eczema - Treatment Question: What treatment has been effective for your eczema?
Eczema - Symptoms and Signs Question: What were your eczema symptoms and signs?
Eczema - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with eczema.
Eczema - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have been effective for your eczema?