Patient Comments: Eczema - Treatments

What treatments have been effective for your eczema?

Comment from: PatCat, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 15

After dealing with eczema for 4 years and going to dermatologists, prescriptions, and using over the counter products, I have found the solution that works for me. I exfoliate my entire body every night in the shower, vigorously, then slather on Amlactin (available over the counter). If the eczema looks too irritated to exfoliate the next night, I skip a couple of nights and then continue. I use Amalactin every morning and every night. This procedure takes patience, but within 3 months, my eczema is 85% healed!

Comment from: murfysmama, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 17

I have been battling redness and itchy, oozing patches on my face, neck and chest for the past year. I swear by Cetiphil Restoraderm body wash and lotion. I use the lotion 3-4 times a day and the body wash with a quick warm shower. Also suncreen daily without fail plus I make sure I drink lots of water and keep to a healthy diet. Hope this helps someone else with eczema.

Comment from: nurse, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 29

I am 40 years old and have had eczema all my life. My eczema on my hands has been out of control where washing my hands is extremely painful. I have had every type of cream they can prescribe. I recently cut out all dairy and wheat products and within 2 weeks my eczema has totally cleared up. I tried incorporating these foods into my diet again and my eczema has returned. It has been an adjustment not to have wheat and dairy but I have been free of eczema since I cut these two foods out of my diet. I have started to consume gluten free products and no dairy. It has been 4 months now and still no eczema.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 25

I have had eczema for about 15 years now and recently I have started using Sudocream. I have found it works well. I have also found that keeping well away from soaps and creams with perfume in helps a lot! Goat milk soap helps too, it's gentle on skin.

Comment from: aerohead, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: June 18

The treatments most effective for my eczema have been skin creams and vitamin E.

Comment from: mona, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

I find that using a soap called Cetaphil has been effective for treating my eczema.

Comment from: Conny, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 25

Dermarest has been my best result! I've also used Gold Bond Ultimate skin therapy cream (Aloe), but it's not as effective as Dermarest, which moisturizes and then stops the itching and generally lasts for up to 6 hours or so. You use it 3 to 4 times daily, per the directions.

Eczema - Treatment Question: What treatment has been effective for your eczema?
Eczema - Symptoms and Signs Question: What were your eczema symptoms and signs?
Eczema - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with eczema.
Eczema - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have been effective for your eczema?
Eczema - Types Question: What type of eczema did you have, and what causes eczema?