Patient Comments: Eczema - Treatments

What treatments have been effective for your eczema?

Comment from: Dean, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 07

To treat eczema, get a shower head filter at Lowe's for $29 to eliminate chlorine from your shower water. Reduce or eliminate soap/shampoo/detergent from your routine. If you have to use detergent when you wash cloths, rinse at least twice and maybe three times after washing. Use no fragrance Tide. Use Cetaphil moisture lotion or Walgreens label without fragrance. Eat cucumbers and put cucumber slices on bad patches. If your skin problems are set off by allergies, try a Claritin daily (Wal-itin at Walgreens is much, much cheaper).

Comment from: Jacqueline, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 12

My daughter is almost three years old and has occasional outbreaks of eczema on her abdomen, back, and behind the knees as well. I have been softening the bathwater, using fragrance and 'soap free' soaps, and trying different lotions including Epizone that calms her skin for a while. I have now purchased Repcillin Crocodile Oil, it seems to have stopped the itching and scratching immediately. There seems to be natural antibiotic properties in the crocodile oil. The packaging states it can be used for any skin condition including cold sores, warts etc.

Comment from: Natalia, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

My eczema is gone in a week! Simple: Use a cream for baby's diaper rash "Zincofax" with 40% of zinc oxide in it. I am waiting for an online order of "Zinc Zap Spray" that has zinc pyrithione, instead of zinc oxide and it helps in the cases of skin problems even better.

Comment from: 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 08

I've been suffering eczema in my groin area (jock itch) for the past 4-5 months. I didn't really care for that, and now I decided to care. So I got myself in front of The Mighty God Prince of Peace, the Heavenly healer. So as to my pure surprise, but not actual surprise. It had gone all the way out of the world from me.

Comment from: 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: January 05

I have tried many skin creams prescribed by doctors, and have tried every hypoallergenic soaps and lotions on the shelf, none have worked for me and my skin. What works for me and keeps my eczema away is: Noni oatmeal soap on my face, Olay soaps on my body, and Jergens ultra healing lotion mixed with Vasoline after showers. I encourage every eczema patient to try it and see of it works for you too!

Comment from: city girl, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

I've had eczema for as long as I can remember! The only thing that has ever helped is elocon. It literally clears my skin within a week. After washing up in warm water with an antibacterial soap I apply elocon, and it works!

Comment from: Gordon, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 22

I have had eczema on two fingers for about 2 years. I thought it was from my hands constantly being wet and touching many kinds of foods as I'm a chef. I have used clobetasole and clotrimazole .05% which helps but has not solved the problem. In addition I use hydrolatum cream which is over the counter ask your pharmacist, it really provides relief. There is nothing worse than the itch to scratch the itch and those weeping bumps and little cuts. Best of luck in your serach for a cure!

Comment from: Josie, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 16

I had bad eczema around my eyes, mouth and on my hands and usual joint areas for about a good 8 or 9 months. The only things that have helped me really were getting allergy tests done and finding out that was allergic to milk and eggs. Obviously a lot of people who have eczema would be lactose intolerant, but it was strange to know it for definite as well. So some people may need to see if they actually have allergies to some food things or other air born stuff. As the best thing to do is avoid the stuff you are allergic to, it can be a massive shock in changing your diet so much as a lot of stuff you do realize contains milk products or derivatives of it. Even things like Imperial Leather soaps and bath and shower gels.But also what has helped have been taking cod liver oil, which has high concentrations of vitamin d and a, which are really needed for good skin anyway, as well as taking zinc tablets that help improve the immune system.

Eczema - Treatment Question: What treatment has been effective for your eczema?
Eczema - Symptoms and Signs Question: What were your eczema symptoms and signs?
Eczema - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with eczema.
Eczema - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have been effective for your eczema?