Patient Comments: Eczema - Experience

Please describe your experience with eczema.

Comment from: Eczema, Male (Patient) Published: June 02

I started having skin problems about 5 years ago, eczema/dermatitis. During the flare-ups the feeling is just horrible! Throughout all those years I've used a lot of different steroidal and hormonal creams, some of them do help to control the periods of flare-ups, but the side effects are just terrifying for the long term use. Recently I found cream Eczur, works practically as effective as prescription creams, but the good part it doesn't have any steroidal and hormonal elements in it! I also using it on my children as for pampers rash, and mosquito bites! Hope it will help!

Comment from: itchygranny, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 22

The itching wakes me up at night. The itching never stops. Sometimes it itches in four places at once and in places where it is very impolite to scratch. I have permanent eczema patches in my scalp, thumb creases, and left ear. I have been to four doctors, and they prescribe cortisone creams which work if applied consistently. Having this grease in my hair is disgustingly unfashionable. Worse yet, the itching and swelling increase exponentially when the temp is above 80 degrees F. One doctor told me to go live in a colder climate. I am a prisoner to air conditioning. I am retired, so I am able to go northward to spend summers. This whole thing runs my life.

Comment from: carmine, Male (Patient) Published: November 22

I have suffered from hand eczema for three years and have tried many topical steroids, creams, and ointments; nothing stopped the plaques and cracks. My wife happened to talk to someone with the same problem who swore that Claritin cleared hers up. We had some generic Claritin at home, and after 10 days of daily use, my hands are free of flakes plaques and cracks. I plan on staying on this for about another month then seeing what happens. Hers never came back, so I'm hopeful. But at least I found something that works, is cheap, over the counter, and has no noticeable side effects, plus my morning sniffles are gone, too.

Eczema - Treatment Question: What treatment has been effective for your eczema?
Eczema - Symptoms and Signs Question: What were your eczema symptoms and signs?
Eczema - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have been effective for your eczema?