Patient Comments: Eczema - Experience

Please describe your experience with eczema.

Comment from: MySkinIsn'tAproblem, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

I noticed when I was going to middle school that people always were staring at my face and laughing. I didn't think of it much until a month later when I got diagnosed with eczema. My skin was super sensitive especially around my eyes. I would have a big problem with having even the slightest amount of soap near my eyes. This would mean that I would have to go 8 hours without washing my skin, which usually led to me breaking out with acne. I finally found an eye makeup remover for eczema that really worked for me around the eyes. This eye makeup remover from Albolene had a really non-messy applicator that made it easy to quickly rub it on in the bathroom during class periods. I put it on real quick and never heard another thing from people at school. I can't tell you how much this saved me from being an outcast during high school. Please look for other types of products like this makeup cleanser that could worked for your skin as well. Good luck to all.

Comment from: Leora, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 20

My 5 year old suffers from sever eczema and we had run the gamut for trying new products when I came across Foderma serum. This stuff worked wonders this winter when he was having an extremely rough time with his chapped and cracked skin. Love this product!

Comment from: Eczema, Male (Patient) Published: June 02

I started having skin problems about 5 years ago, eczema/dermatitis. During the flare-ups the feeling is just horrible! Throughout all those years I've used a lot of different steroidal and hormonal creams, some of them do help to control the periods of flare-ups, but the side effects are just terrifying for the long term use. Recently I found cream Eczur, works practically as effective as prescription creams, but the good part it doesn't have any steroidal and hormonal elements in it! I also using it on my children as for pampers rash, and mosquito bites! Hope it will help!

Comment from: AT, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 07

I cured eczema by avoiding nightshades. I finally found a cure by realizing that eczema is a reaction to certain foods or chemicals. I've had eczema for as long as I could remember and it wasn't until recently that I figured out nightshades (peppers, eggplant, and tomatoes) were the source of my skin irritations. Since then, I've been eczema-free. Start by eliminating certain foods after a rash occurs so that you can figure out what to avoid. I wish a doctor had told me that simple truth a long time ago, but then again, most are in the business of making money, not giving permanent cures. A lot, if not all things can be healed naturally. To cure it, it's not about putting ointments or shea butter on it, those only mask the symptoms- with eczema; it is simply about eliminating substances you react to.

Published: July 22

My eczema began a year ago. It started with a rash around both eyes that were unbearably itchy and developed into what I guess would be one of the extreme forms of this condition. Every morning I would wake up with my eyes crusted shut, and sores that built up around my cheeks that would ooze all day. I consulted a dermatologist and my two primary care doctors, but all of the lotions, ointments and pills that they prescribed me didn't help. It came to a point where I actually became clinically depressed for a while and refused to step out of the house with my face looking as it did. At this point, patches also developed around my elbows. Things only started to turn for me when I combined the advice of my family. I started to use Cocoa Butter lotion generously. I also visited a Chinese herbal doctor at the urging of my grandmother. It was something that I was skeptical about but at that point I was desperate enough to try anything. The herbal tea that they brewed for me was absolutely vile, but it really did help to clear my skin. About a month after I kept this routine up, my cheeks were no longer oozing and the area around my eyes was clear. Today, my cheeks are still flare up with little red bumps and I have quite a bit of dryness and flaking. I'm currently using Locoid Lipocream to control the last traces of redness and irritation. I also make sure I moisturize well everyday and it's working really well in smoothing out my skin.

Comment from: Radha, Female (Patient) Published: September 10

I have eczema in my leg area which is always itching in those parts, but in the night the itching never stops. And the same itching area is in black shape.

Eczema - Treatment Question: What treatment has been effective for your eczema?
Eczema - Symptoms and Signs Question: What were your eczema symptoms and signs?
Eczema - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have been effective for your eczema?
Eczema - Types Question: What type of eczema did you have?