Patient Comments: Eczema - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with eczema?

Comment from: lol64., 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 21

I get severe itching and scabs on my scalp. I use Betnovate scalp lotion when I have an attack.

Comment from: saurabh bajaj, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: April 08

My eczema started on my right leg and on my index finger. Being winter, I just thought I hadn't been using enough lotion. But it became increasingly worse. I visited the doctor, and I used different creams that my aunt and a friend of my mom's suggested. After moving out of state, I didn't have it anymore. When summer came, it was back in full force. It disappeared in the winter and has returned this summer. It's only on my hands and around my mouth. I have allergy pills that my doctor prescribed. They don't make it go away, but if taken every day, it stops the itching. Otherwise, the itching is unbearable and it begins to hurt and is sore. Other things that have worked for me include a lotion that has oatmeal and a body wash with sea algae. I've also used a prescribed cream for around my mouth. I have tried at least 30 different creams in the past four years. I have been asking the doctor to increase the dosage of my allergy pills in hopes that it would make the eczema clear up, mainly because of the nasty patch around my mouth. It makes me look diseased.

Eczema - Treatment Question: What treatment has been effective for your eczema?
Eczema - Symptoms and Signs Question: What were your eczema symptoms and signs?
Eczema - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with eczema.
Eczema - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have been effective for your eczema?
Eczema - Types Question: What type of eczema did you have, and what causes eczema?