Eczema Facts Index
Eczema refers to skin inflammation. There are many different types of eczema that produce symptoms and signs that range from oozing blisters to crusty plaques of skin. Treatment varies depending upon the type of eczema the person has.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Picture of Eczema
A particular type of inflammatory reaction of the skin in which there are typically vesicles (tiny blister-like raised areas) in...learn more »
Cellulitis is an acute spreading bacterial infection below the surface of the skin characterized by redness, warmth,...learn more »
The word "rash" means an outbreak of red bumps on the body. The way people use this term, "a rash" can refer to many different...learn more »
Rosacea is a skin disease that causes redness of the forehead, chin, and lower half of the nose. In addition to inflammation of...learn more »
Eczema is a general term for many types dermatitis (skin inflammation). Atopic dermatitis is the most common of the many types of...learn more »
In This Article
Atopic Dermatitis Article
- Atopic dermatitis facts
- What is atopic dermatitis?
- Atopic dermatitis vs. eczema
- How common is atopic dermatitis?
- What are the causes and risk factors of atopic dermatitis?
- Is atopic dermatitis contagious?
- What are atopic dermatitis symptoms and signs?
- Can atopic dermatitis affect the face?
- What are the stages of atopic dermatitis?
- What specialists treat atopic dermatitis?
- How do physicians diagnose atopic dermatitis?
- How can people prevent and avoid aggravating factors for atopic dermatitis?
- What are skin irritants in patients with atopic dermatitis?
- Are food allergies important in atopic dermatitis?
- What are aeroallergens?
- What are home remedies for atopic dermatitis?
- What is the treatment for atopic dermatitis?
- What is the prognosis of atopic dermatitis?
Keratosis pilaris (KP) is a common skin disorder in which small white or red bumps appear around hair follicles on the upper...learn more »
In This Article
Keratosis Pilaris Article
- Keratosis pilaris (KP) facts
- What is keratosis pilaris?
- Who gets keratosis pilaris?
- Does keratosis pilaris affect the entire body?
- What causes keratosis pilaris?
- What are the signs and symptoms of keratosis pilaris?
- What types of doctors treat keratosis pilaris?
- How do doctors diagnose keratosis pilaris?
- Does diet have anything to do with keratosis pilaris?
- Is keratosis pilaris curable?
- Is keratosis pilaris contagious?
- What conditions mimic keratosis pilaris?
- Are there home remedies for keratosis pilaris?
- What is the treatment for keratosis pilaris?
- What are possible complications of keratosis pilaris?
- What is the prognosis of patients with keratosis pilaris?