Eczema Facts Index
Eczema refers to skin inflammation. There are many different types of eczema that produce symptoms and signs that range from oozing blisters to crusty plaques of skin. Treatment varies depending upon the type of eczema the person has.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Cellulitis is an acute spreading bacterial infection below the surface of the skin characterized by redness, warmth,...learn more »
Heat rash is a skin irritation caused by excessive sweating. It can occur at any age and it appears as a rash that itches or...learn more »
The word "rash" means an outbreak of red bumps on the body. The way people use this term, "a rash" can refer to many different...learn more »
Poison ivy, oak, and sumac contain a substance called urushiol, which causes a rash on people who come in contact with them....learn more »
In This Article
Poison Ivy Article
- Poison ivy, oak, and sumac facts
- What are poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac?
- What causes a poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?
- What are risk factors for poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?
- What are symptoms and signs of a poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?
- What types of doctors treat poison ivy, oak, and sumac rash?
- How do physicians diagnose poison ivy, oak, and sumac rashes?
- Are there any home remedies for a poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?
- What is the treatment for a poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?
- What is the prognosis of a poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?
- Is it possible to prevent a poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?
Swimmer's ear (external otitis) is an infection of the skin that covers the outer ear canal. Causes of swimmer's ear include...learn more »
In This Article
Swimmer's Ear Article
- Swimmer's ear facts
- What is "swimmer's ear" or acute external otitis?
- What are symptoms of swimmer's ear?
- What is chronic swimmer's ear?
- What home remedies treatments help cure swimmer's ear?
- How can swimmer's ear be prevented?
- What is the prognosis for swimmer's ear?
- What about swimmer's ear in children?
- Why do ears itch?
- What should I do if I get a foreign object or insect in my ear?
Rosacea is a skin disease that causes redness of the forehead, chin, and lower half of the nose. In addition to inflammation of...learn more »