Patient Comments: Ectopic Pregnancy - Treatments

What was the treatment for your ectopic pregnancy?

Comment from: roxygirl45, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

Last week I took a home pregnancy test and we were so excited! During that week I had some slight pain in my right side. After three days I decided to go to the doctor. They did a blood test and an exam. Two days later I went in and my blood levels didn't rise enough, they did an ultrasound and found I had an ectopic pregnancy. Since I was so early in my pregnancy 4-5 weeks they decided to give me the injection to dissolve the pregnancy. Three days later my tube burst, it was the most pain I have ever been in. My husband rushed me to the hospital. I had emergency surgery and lost 60 percent of my blood into my abdomen. I had to have 4 units of blood transfused. I'm home and recovering now. Please don't wait and if you don't feel good about the diagnosis please get a second opinion. I'm nervous to try to conceive again but luckily they were able to save my tube.

Comment from: Jojo, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

Over six years ago I had an eptopic pregnancy. I was a little late for my period, then after 2 weeks I started to bleed heavier than normal. It lasted for over a week so I went off to the doctors to find my that my HCH levels indicated I was pregnant but to head off to thr ER as it didnt look good. After lots of tests, scans, and a curette they found I was having an eptopic pregnancy. I didn't have surgery. Instead I had the anti-cancer drug. It made me nauseous for a few days but it worked. Now I have three healthy boys which includes a set of identical twins. All concieved naturally.

Comment from: 25-34 Female Published: September 16

I had an ectopic pregnancy when I was 17 years old and now I am 27 years old. I have been trying to have children and I have not had any luck. I had to have one of my tubes removed and the other one is severely damaged. I have been so depressed about it. Hopefully one day I will be blessed to concieve and have a healthy baby.

Comment from: lucky2, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 16

I have had two ectopic pregnancies. The first ruptured. I had to have emergency surgery. I knew I was pregnant. I seemed to be having a normal pregnancy until that day. The second ectopic pregnancy was diagnosed with a blood test and vaginal ultrasound. I was able to have a section of tube removed. I was blessed I had already had a girl and boy before the ectopic pregnancies. I didn't struggle with a lot of the emotional pain because I had other children. My heart would have been shattered if it had been my first child. My heart goes out to any woman who is faced with such a tragedy.

Comment from: Beba, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 15

I am 55. I had a hysterectomy 14 years ago. I was told that I have an ectopic pregnancy. I am having a hard time with this is it even possible. Right now the only thing that is giving my doctor the certainty that I am pregnant is the blood test which came back positive. I have been scheduled for an ultra sound. Feeling scared, not knowing how to deal with all this.

Comment from: mary, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

I am 31 years old and have had 2 ectopic pregnancies. The First one I was in a lot of pain. I had started spotting and that lasted for 4-5 days. Then the pains came into it. I had shooting pains up my side and across my stomach and chest. Ended up at the hospital in my army uniform and had emergency surgery. They took my left tube out. Then, 5 months later I had another one. Knowing the signs I thought that's what it was and went to the dr. Yes I had another one and this one was treated with the shot. After all of that I was very depressed but, I kept going. A year and a half later I found out I was pregnant and I looked at the doctor and said let's see if I can have this one. I now have a little girl who is turning 5 very soon. I have been trying to have another one and my husband and I have been unsuccessful. Maybe I have just run out of chances.

Comment from: Anonymous, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

I was diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy in the last 2 weeks, after I found out I was pregnant with my first baby. It was so painful when the doctor told me they have to do surgery and remove my 1 fallopian tube, the stitches were taken out 2 days ago and I'm now worried about my next pregnancy. Please guys let's take it seriously it is happening and what is worse you can die of it.

Ectopic Pregnancy - Symptoms Question: Please describe the symptoms and diagnosis with your ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic Pregnancy - Diagnosis Question: Please share the events that led to a diagnosis of an ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic Pregnancy - Risk Factors Question: Please discuss any risk factors you might have had for an ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic Pregnancy - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with ectopic pregnancy.