Patient Comments: Ectopic Pregnancy - Treatments

What was the treatment for your ectopic pregnancy?

Comment from: sihle, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 18

I'm married and 41 now, we always wanted a baby, until this other morning I was vomiting the whole time I decided to take a pregnancy test, it came out positive. My husband and I went to a doctor to confirm then still the test was positive. The vomiting was worse in the morning and night! Until the 15 June when I started having heavy abdominal pains I went to pee I couldn't walk after that pee. We went to the hospital da doctor couldn't find a baby in the uterus and I had to go for surgicay coz it was ectopic! My left tube was removed as the baby was grown too much! Fortunately for me there was no bleeding at 7 weeks pregnant! I pray that it doesn't happen to any woman. It's a very bad experience will go for another baby after 6 months and I know this time I will carry my baby full term!!!

Comment from: Becky, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 18

After the first methotrexate injection, I went to the OB/GYN 3 times to have my HCG levels tested. They determined that the injection had not fully worked, and gave me another. I was in extreme pain for almost three weeks, also having bleeding ranging from barely there to almost as heavy as a period. Finally, my HCG levels are down to zero. I hope soon to be able to have a child. I know the risks of another ectopic are high, but I don't have children, and will try until the doctors tell me I have to stop.

Comment from: alexa, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 13

I had an ectopic at age 18 and was treated by surgery. I have a 5-year-old. I had him through surgery too.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 01

I had surgery to remove one of my falopian tubes cause it had already ruptured inside of me.

Comment from: LovingWife, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 15

I had an ectopic pregnancy and was bleeding almost to death internally. The doctor never caught it in time. I was passing out, vomiting, bleeding, hallucinating, had the worst stomach pain, terrible shoulder pain and diarrhea. They removed my right tube and pumped a lot of blood out of my stomach area. My husband and I had our first baby when I was 22. A beautiful little girl. It took 2 1/2 years for me to get pregnant again even with trying very hard. Now I'm waiting to here from the doctor today to see if I have another ectopic pregnancy. I would raher give birth 20 times than go through the pain of an ectopic pregnancy again. Not to mention I've lost more babies to ectopic pregnancies than I've birthed. I only have one child and I am pregnant now and it's believed that this one will not make it and I will have no other chances after this.

Comment from: Alia.s, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 09

My period was a week late, and I took 3 pregnancy tests over the next week. They were all negative. I started spotting brown stuff and figured it was a miscarriage. Then I got a weird feeling and took another pregnancy test (it was about 5 days from the last one), and it was positive. About two days later I started bleeding big clots in one day. For 10 days afterwards I had a convective stream of blood. On the 10th day I got really bad pains right where I would expect my ovary to be. The pain got so bad I took up the courage to go to the emergency room. They couldn't get me an ultra sound right away and were going to send me home, but because I was feeling nausea they admitted me. An hour after I was admitted I got an ultra sound. 30 mins after my ultra sound I was told I was having an emergency surgery. I had an ectopic pregnancy with a great amount of internal bleeding. It's been 2 days since my surgery and it's only sinking in now of how fatal it really was; and just how lucky I am.

Comment from: shey, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 06

Last September I found out that I was pregnant but I didn't know that it was ectopic until I experienced bleeding that hurt. Then doctor said I needed to get an ultra sound so they know what the cause of my bleeding was. Then on September 30th it started to hurt again as well as bleed. So we go to the hospital and that's when I found out that I have an ectopic pregnancy.

Comment from: roxygirl45, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

Last week I took a home pregnancy test and we were so excited! During that week I had some slight pain in my right side. After three days I decided to go to the doctor. They did a blood test and an exam. Two days later I went in and my blood levels didn't rise enough, they did an ultrasound and found I had an ectopic pregnancy. Since I was so early in my pregnancy 4-5 weeks they decided to give me the injection to dissolve the pregnancy. Three days later my tube burst, it was the most pain I have ever been in. My husband rushed me to the hospital. I had emergency surgery and lost 60 percent of my blood into my abdomen. I had to have 4 units of blood transfused. I'm home and recovering now. Please don't wait and if you don't feel good about the diagnosis please get a second opinion. I'm nervous to try to conceive again but luckily they were able to save my tube.

Ectopic Pregnancy - Symptoms Question: Please describe the symptoms and diagnosis with your ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic Pregnancy - Diagnosis Question: Please share the events that led to a diagnosis of an ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic Pregnancy - Risk Factors Question: Please discuss any risk factors you might have had for an ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic Pregnancy - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with ectopic pregnancy.