Patient Comments: Ectopic Pregnancy - Symptoms

Please describe the symptoms and diagnosis with your ectopic pregnancy.

Comment from: bebe, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 25

I am 26 and had my first ectopic pregnancy. I had lower right side pain and I felt like I had to poop. The first signs I had was on a Saturday and the pain left after 30 minutes. I could barely walk. Then the next day, Sunday, the pain started again and it didn't go away. I was on the toilet for about 45 minutes. I barley could stand up. I couldn't even move my legs. Then, I started to sweat lots, become very pale, and I was very dizzy and light headed until I fainted on my husband. He called 911 and I got to the hospital and did emergency surgery. I was 5-6 weeks but my fallopian tube had not ruptured yet. They also found two large cysts on my ovaries and I had the other fallopian tube closed, so they opened it as well. I hope everything will be okay.

Comment from: BB, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 28

I have had two ectopic pregnancies. I have had sharp "stabbing"-like pain on my right side. The first time I had bleeding, and the second time I didn't.

Ectopic Pregnancy - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your ectopic pregnancy?
Ectopic Pregnancy - Diagnosis Question: Please share the events that led to a diagnosis of an ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic Pregnancy - Risk Factors Question: Please discuss any risk factors you might have had for an ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic Pregnancy - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with ectopic pregnancy.