Patient Comments: Echocardiogram - Results

What were the results of your echocardiogram?

Comment from: DON, 75 or over (Patient) Published: February 08

I got the results of my echocardiogram and everything was normal except for a red stain near my aorta. The doctor did not know what that was.

Comment from: speedy, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 02

My sister who had suffered a massive heart attack but appeared to be improving was then given a dobutamine echocardiograph and suffered another massive heart attack as they were just finishing administering this test. She did not survive. We the family wonder if this test should have been given to a patient who had already suffered a major heart attack.

Comment from: Anil, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: February 02

Following are the conclusions of my echocardiogram test. Overall left ventricular systolic function is moderately impaired with EF (ejection fraction) between 35 to 40 percent. The diastolic filling pattern indicates impaired relaxation. Septal and apical wall motion abnormalities described in the bull's eye. The right ventricle is normal in size and measure 1.7 cm. There is no evidence of pulmonary hypertension.

Comment from: mml, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: August 24

Following a recent echocardiogram, the result I got said, mild AR (aortic regurgitation) and MR (mitral regurgitation).

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 26

My echocardiogram test says heart is functioning 72% and I don't know what that means exactly.

Comment from: mary, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: March 03

My echocardiogram results is 25.

Comment from: ratnam, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

My 2nd echocardiogram results are: Left ventricle 4.8*3.9cm, IVSD-1.4cm, LVPW-1.0cm, EF-38% Impression: Aortic sclerosis. Mild concentric LVH, global hypokinesia of LV, more of LAD territory, mild MR, no AR/TR, moderate to severe LV dysfunction, fair RV.

Comment from: Weeziekay, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 28

I have been experiencing increased shortness of breath. The echocardiogram showed "increased pressure on the right side". I have been referred to a cardiologist. I have no explanation for what this means.

Comment from: ronkal, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 07

My echocardiogram results read 40% - 55%.

Comment from: nelsonl, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I was told that I have pulmonary hypertension but its only 40%, I don't know what that means exactly.

Comment from: 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: January 02

My echocardiogram test says heart is functioning 23%.

Echocardiogram - Preparation Question: How did you prepare for your echocardiogram?
Echocardiogram - Types Question: What kind of echocardiogram did you have?