Patient Comments: Ear Wax - How Removed

Were you able to remove your ear wax, or was it necessary to go to a physician?

Comment from: popcycler, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: December 30

This morning I got a piece of ear wax almost 4 inches long. It was green / grey and had blood spots. It took 4 to 5 treatment with OTC products, but at least I'm not deaf in that ear anymore. This happens frequently.

Comment from: genetuck, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: June 10

On the advice of the local VA clinic, I used a 50/50 mixture of white vinegar and alcohol, putting several drops in the right ear and lying on my left side for about 15 or 20 minutes. Then I used a rubber ear syringe which has stops to prevent pushing it too far into the ear. I used warm water to flush out the softened or dissolved ear wax. My ears produce a lot of wax, so I do this every three months or so.

Ear Wax - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms of excessive ear wax?
Ear Wax - Effective Ways to Remove Question: What has been effective in removing ear wax?