Patient Comments: Ear Tubes - Experience

Question:Have you had success with ear tube placement?

Comment from: jeannie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 28

I'm 52 years old and just had tubes put in my ears for the first time. I can hear. It's amazing and I've not had any problems since surgery. It's a relief to not feel that congestion and fluid moving around in my ears.

Comment from: citykat8, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 11

My son is on his third set of tubes since age 18 months. They do help a great deal, but I wish there was an alternative. Having had six sets of tubes in one ear and five in the other I am frustrated that no advancements have been made in the 30 some years since I first started having tubes.