Patient Comments: E. Coli - Treatments

What treatment has been effective for your E. coli infection?

Comment from: still battling, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 12

I have E-coli in my prostate. I have bad cramping, dehydration, can't eat, very loose stool, and fatigue. It doesn't show up in any test, had to be scoped. I got it sexually and antibiotics aren't working because we didn't know, so we were giving it back and forth, Metronidazole did work at first but now is ineffective. Going on 9 years with this, and it's hard to find help.

Comment from: monu, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: August 16

As we are planning for our first child, the doctor told us that I am infected with E. coli, as it was found in a semen analysis. Few antibiotics were given, and then the same test was repeated, and it is there again.

E. Coli - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your E. coli infection?