Patient Comments: E. coli 0157:H7 - Complications

Question:What complications did you or someone you know suffer from E. coli 0157:H7 infection?

Comment from: Didn't ask for this!, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 06

I have been diagnosed with E. coli and it was not a friend to me. I had and still have problems with my urinary tract and that's how I found out that I was E.coli infected. I had no energy, major headaches, and stiffness, with soreness. I had diarrhea that was bloody and when I urinated it felt as if I was using a blow torch from the burning and pain. I lost 12 lb during this whole ordeal because I didn't have an appetite.

E. Coli - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your E. coli infection?
E. Coli - Treatments Question: What treatment has been effective for your E. coli infection?
E. coli - Experience Question: How did you get E. coli infection?
E. coli - Transmission Question: If known, how did you get E. coli infection?