Patient Comments: e-Cigarettes - Smoking Cessation

Have using e-cigarettes helped you to quit smoking?

Comment from: Chris, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 04

I smoked for 44 years. In the last few years, very heavily - sometimes more than 2 packs per day. I tried everything to quit and had given up hope until a friend came to visit and I tried his e-cigarette. I bought my own and within a week, I smoked my last cigarette. I have been more than 3 months tobacco free and I feel great. My apnea is gone and I can breathe through my nose again, for the first time in years. I no longer snore I'm told, and I am energized and feel years younger. I even lost 10 pounds. E-cigarettes have been a miracle for me. I never want to go back to smoking.

Comment from: TJB, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

My son gave me a vaporizer for Christmas and I haven"t smoked a cigarette since. They worked when nothing else would. I have tried the patches, gum, Chantix, Wellbutrin, counseling, and support groups. But nothing worked till now.

Comment from: valwyn, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I switched to e-cigarettes 2 years ago. I haven"t had a real cigarette since. In addition, I now can"t stand the smell of tobacco smoke in the air or on people and their clothes. I can"t believe I used to smell that way and never noticed. They definitely are addictive, but overall I feel and look better. My doctor says my lungs sound great. I have cut my nicotine intake by a third since starting them and eventually hope to get to half and then zero nicotine e-cigarettes. I, for one, will never go back to real cigarettes and for this I am very grateful for the electronic version.

e-Cigarettes - Experience Question: Please share your experience with e-cigarettes vs smoking tobacco cigarettes.
e-Cigarettes - Secondhand Vapors Question: What are your thoughts about the secondhand vapors expelled by e-cigarettes.