Patient Comments: Indigestion - Symptoms

Question:What symptoms did you experience with your indigestion?

Comment from: chrissiebht, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 22

If I go for a walk, I experience what feels like excessive indigestion. I have had a positive stress test and also have had an angio gram. I am on Statin for cholesterol and was taking Rinitidine for the indigestion which I have now stopped as it seemed to be making it worse. I am also on Angina medication but do not believe for one minute that my chest pain when walking is associated with my heart - the reason I don't have the problem everytime I go for a walk and the pain is more of a burning sensation in the chest and slightly affects the right arm.

Comment from: brightskin, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 06

Upper right side of my stomach is sore to the touch, nausea, hurts more after eating, difficult sleeping, pain in back upper right side, and bloating.

Comment from: MorrowMail, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 20

Two months ago I was hit with a wave of nausea, upper abdominal pain and excessive belching 24/7 and though I tried to modify my diet. It seemed totally unrelated to food or drink. I could roll out of bed in the morning and belch 3 or 4 times just on the way to the restroom. After coffee I did seem to belch more frequently and deeper, but even a sip of tap water could cause the same belching only to a lesser degree. First I was diagnosed w/the H-pylori bacteria so I two 2-weeks worth of strong medication. Felt better, but by day 16 same symptoms back in force. So back to the doctor and 2 weeks ago had my gallbladder removed. Home for recovery and soon same symptoms returned only this time amplified to the nth degree. Today went in and had endoscope and biopsy done. Scope showed normal and biopsy results in a few days. Meanwhile, I am so discouraged. Currently on Prevacid, Carafate, and Reglan which I believe is helping the pain and I'm thankful. The belching persists no matter what. Any shared knowledge on the belching symptom would be most appreciated as I make my living as a full-time public speaker so this one persistent symptom is most troubling.

Comment from: ticktock51, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 19

My dyspepsia symptoms include fullness in my abdomen, nausea at times, and deep belching with a foul taste. It feels terrible and lasts for hours. I have used Zantac with some relief. I also use Titralac, which is an antacid. I have used the yogurt Activia, and it is true you do get some relief after the 10 days, but you have to continue it daily. I also have IBS, and I think that causes my symptoms to worsen.

Comment from: Lorrie, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: December 12

Following a total hysterectomy three weeks ago, I have been suffering from dyspepsia following meals, including nausea. I have lost my appetite and am able to eat only very small portions when I do eat. I have post-surgical pain at the incision site, which is lessening every day. I am taking mild laxatives to stimulate my bowels. Before this, I have never had any digestive problems whatsoever. I assume this is a typical reaction following abdominal surgery, but the pain of the constipation can cause nausea and quite a bit of distress. I am an otherwise healthy 76-year-old woman.

Comment from: JJ, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 13

My dyspepsia symptoms are stomach pain and belching, bloating, and cramping under my ribs in front. Sometimes I have nausea. It lasted last night for 13 hours! At its worst, I also get heart palpitations and lightheaded. Nothing relieves it. I have been on Nexium for two months and at first it seemed to help. Then, in the last week, it has come back stronger than ever. It kind of scares me. I wonder how bad it can get.

Comment from: EW, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 13

My dyspepsia symptoms are nausea after eating, then fullness and burping. This fullness and burping can go on for hours. I also sometimes have air that comes out of my esophagus, but not as a burp, as a noise. I cannot control this. I am unable to lie on my left side until late at night when my stomach is empty because of this air/noise. I have been on Prilosec for four years now. It helps me get through the day, but the symptoms do not go away.

Comment from: brnbrklyn, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 13

My dyspepsia consists of chest pain, abdominal discomfort, and mild upper back pain, much like gas in the back. I also have water brash at night (excess saliva) and some mild nausea. Basically, I'm a mess. I take Prevacid, but it takes weeks to kick in.

Indigestion - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your dyspepsia?
Dyspepsia - Causes Question: If known, discuss the cause of your dyspepsia.
Dyspepsia - Tests Question: What types of tests and exams led to a diagnosis of dyspepsia?
Dyspepsia - Complications Question: What complications you have experienced with dyspepsia?