Patient Comments: Indigestion - Treatments

Question:What was the treatment for your dyspepsia?

Comment from: joshi, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 30

For the last six months, I have lost taste and desire to eat food is reduced. My intake is normal and weight is also normal and it is constant for the last six months. But my stool habit is changed. Stool is sticky and I feel bowels are not fully emptied. My tongue is coated with white patches and despite applying Clear Gel, the coating is not reduced. I had undergone endoscopy and colonoscopy three months back. I am 62 years of age and active. I do not get relief from prescribed medicines. I am advised to take Razo 20 before breakfast and Ayurvedic laxative.

Comment from: rinah, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

I have a nervous dyspepsia. Last year my doctor give me omeprazole, I took it for 20 days and after that it was gone. And this year I found out that my nervous dyspepsia is back again, I feel dizzy and my back and chest pain.

Comment from: auntie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 08

My daughter and I were diagnosed with Dyspepsia four years ago after undergoing the same tests (G.I. series, x-rays, Gastric empty test and endoscopy) we were then prescribed Nortriptyline 25mg and Librax. They have worked very well for this whole time but over the last few weeks I have had alot of nausea and bloating. I was also diagnosed with GERD about ten years ago and I feel that has been a big culprit lately. I would tell you that my daughter and I got sick when we moved into a house that had mold in it. I called and had the mold tested and was told that it could in fact make us sick. Most doctors however want to say that mold usually only affects the upper respiratory. Just this last weekend I had spoken with an acquaintance and she told me that she had just been diagnosed with Dyspepsia three days prior to our conversation. When I explained to her what my daughter had gone through and thought it was mold related she told me she had mold in her trailer. Maybe people should check their homes and work environments and see if that is a possible cause for them as well.

Comment from: frogenguy, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: May 10

My doctor prescribed me domperidone to take three times daily and a PPI to take for three months. However, so far, it seems the treatment is of no value. They are not working. The bad breath has gone away, but everything else is just as it was.

Indigestion - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your indigestion?
Dyspepsia - Causes Question: If known, discuss the cause of your dyspepsia.
Dyspepsia - Tests Question: What types of tests and exams led to a diagnosis of dyspepsia?
Dyspepsia - Complications Question: What complications you have experienced with dyspepsia?