Patient Comments: Dupuytren's Contracture - Treatments

What types of treatment, including injections, have helped with Dupuytren's contracture in you or a loved one?

Comment from: Coleridge, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: January 30

I am a male seventy two years of age and developed Dupuytren's around the age of forty. Since then I have had six operations including plastic surgery. My fingers are now severely deformed and thank goodness that had I been a musician or had a similar profession where the loss of employment would be a concerning issue. Recently I was diagnosed with a life threatening condition and decided to opt for natural medicine as an alternative to conventional medical procedure. The astonishing side effect or unintentional consequence was that after only four weeks of taking natural medicine the small nodules that were in three positions on separate fingers totally disappeared and a large lump that was deforming another finger and was due for surgery has reduced by approximately 50%. I have always been a severe skeptic of natural medicine but this experience has shed an entirely new light on this often ridiculed form of treatment. My advice is open your mind to alternative forms of treatment.

Comment from: ike, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 30

For Dupuytren's contracture I had surgery on my little finger in the right hand 10 years ago and surgery on the left middle finger 2 years ago. My little finger on my right hand started bending again, this time went with Xiaflex procedure couple of days ago.

Dupuytren's Contracture - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with Dupuytren's contracture.
Dupuytren's Contracture - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms associated with Dupuytren's contracture?