Patient Comments: Dry Skin - Home Remedies

Please share any home remedies that help relieve dry skin.

Comment from: Bubba, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: February 04

At my doctor's suggestion several years ago, I started to put Vaseline (petroleum jelly, petrolatum) on my cracking feet, especially under the heel area. Then I would place a plastic bag over it for a half hour to a couple hours. I would do this once or twice a week after showers. If the showers were at a public place, I would put a thin layer of an anti-fungal, usually clotrimazole, on first, especially between my toes. I have found this to be extremely effective and inexpensive.

Comment from: Caly, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

I have been advised that milk thistle will help with my dry skin problem.

Dry Skin - Signs and Symptoms Question: Describe the signs and symptoms associated with your dry skin.
Dry Skin - Causes Question: What is the cause of your dry skin?
Dry Skin - Medical Conditions Question: Do you have any medical conditions that are the cause of your dry skin? If so, how do you relieve the symptoms?
Dry Skin - Products Question: Everyone has a favorite product to help soothe dry skin. What do you recommend?