Patient Comments: Dry Mouth - Treatments

What treatment has been effective for your dry mouth?

Comment from: Yves, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 25

I'm presently cycling in S-E Asia doing approximate 100 km a day. I've been taking malaria pills every day and sweating profusely. Despite drinking copious amount of fluids every day I am urinating very little. At first I was constipated but this problem no longer exists. I have been experiencing dry mouth every day for a week now!

Comment from: Richard, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: January 25

I went to the Dr about two weeks ago for a sore throat and he put me on Claritin-D and Omeprazole. 20mg it may have made mouth dryer and lip worse, but I had dry mouth before I went to the doctor.

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 25

One of my chemotherapy nurses suggested rinsing with a mild salt and water solution for my dry mouth. It helped.

Comment from: dryand worry, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 13

I have fibromyalgia, and I have dry mouth sores at wall in my mouth I also feel a tingle at tip of my tongue. It is concerning to me.

Dry Mouth - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with dry mouth.
Dry Mouth - Causes Question: What causes your dry mouth?