Patient Comments: Dry Mouth - Treatments

What treatment has been effective for your dry mouth?

Comment from: georgiegirl, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 11

I have been desperate; suddenly I woke up with a super dry mouth. I tried many ideas but one that has been very helpful is “pulling.” You swish coconut oil or olive oil like a gargle. I do it as often as the dryness feels painful.

Comment from: Leo, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: December 05

My mouth starts drying after brushing my teeth in the morning. This may caused by my alcohol use.

Comment from: stickymouth, 45-54 (Patient) Published: September 02

There is a product called Mouth Kote that seems to work really well for dry mouth. Lemony flavor instead of the mint and no bad after taste. The maker also has a product for my nose, which helps a lot during those seasonal allergy times.

Comment from: Joan, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

I had dry mouth for years (on a scale of 1 to 10 it was an 11), still have a little of it but on a scale of 1 to 10, today it is about a 1. Have your calcium level checked as my endocrinologist said it is a symptom when your calcium level is high. I was on 1000 units of calcium twice a day and am now on 600 units once a day. Just a suggestion.

Comment from: Kathy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

My dry mouth includes nasty sores and canker sores that are painful. I can't eat anything even remotely spicy. There are times when it feels like I am just going to choke. I just started B12 vitamins after testing low in vitamin B. I use Biotin mouthwash, chew gum, and spray biotin in my mouth at night. I am hoping that if I stop eating fruit, take more B12, and drink more water that this will get better. I have dry eyes as well. It's been about 8 months now and I've had 2 doctors take a look, neither knows what's wrong.

Comment from: bubbles, 13-18 Published: November 16

I got a burning tingling dry feeling on the side of my tongue and I think it is dry mouth but I'm not sure. I brushed my teeth and used mouth wash (original Listerine) and the pain left for a bit.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 03

I have had dry mouth for approx 3 weeks now. I have seen my doctor but no diagnosis as of yet. I can produce saliva but the dryness is very localised to the inside of my lips. My mouth is sometimes so dry it sticks to my teeth. This does also make it hard to talk. The severity varies but never disappears. My symptoms do improve overnight. It seems to get worse as the day progresses. I am feeling very depressed with the symptoms. I am not on medication and I have no other health issues!

Comment from: altoman, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 26

I suffer from chronic dry mouth caused by cancer radiation therapy back in 2007. My mouth felt like a thousand pins and needles. It was very painful and debilitating. I became very depressed. However for two years now I've been using the XEROS Dry Mouth Pump and it has changed my life from suffering to living! No chemicals! Pure water! Today I feel great!

Comment from: sleepless, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 21

I have suffered from dry mouth for 4 months. Sticky, dry and sore mouth, gums sore, dry cracked lower lip and corners of mouth with sore on outer lower lip. Red dry mouth and lip with blister or mouth ulcers, rough sore tongue. Eating is impossible at times, teeth feel like razors when touch tongue, can't eat spicy foods, wake up 5 or 6 times a night to drink and lubricate mouth and lips. Wake up 5 or 6 times to tinkle (failed bladder operation.

Dry Mouth - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with dry mouth.
Dry Mouth - Causes Question: What causes your dry mouth?