Patient Comments: Dry Mouth - Treatments

What treatment has been effective for your dry mouth?

Comment from: Kathy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

My dry mouth includes nasty sores and canker sores that are painful. I can't eat anything even remotely spicy. There are times when it feels like I am just going to choke. I just started B12 vitamins after testing low in vitamin B. I use Biotin mouthwash, chew gum, and spray biotin in my mouth at night. I am hoping that if I stop eating fruit, take more B12, and drink more water that this will get better. I have dry eyes as well. It's been about 8 months now and I've had 2 doctors take a look, neither knows what's wrong.

Comment from: bubbles, 13-18 Published: November 16

I got a burning tingling dry feeling on the side of my tongue and I think it is dry mouth but I'm not sure. I brushed my teeth and used mouth wash (original Listerine) and the pain left for a bit.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 03

I have had dry mouth for approx 3 weeks now. I have seen my doctor but no diagnosis as of yet. I can produce saliva but the dryness is very localised to the inside of my lips. My mouth is sometimes so dry it sticks to my teeth. This does also make it hard to talk. The severity varies but never disappears. My symptoms do improve overnight. It seems to get worse as the day progresses. I am feeling very depressed with the symptoms. I am not on medication and I have no other health issues!

Comment from: altoman, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 26

I suffer from chronic dry mouth caused by cancer radiation therapy back in 2007. My mouth felt like a thousand pins and needles. It was very painful and debilitating. I became very depressed. However for two years now I've been using the XEROS Dry Mouth Pump and it has changed my life from suffering to living! No chemicals! Pure water! Today I feel great!

Comment from: sleepless, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 21

I have suffered from dry mouth for 4 months. Sticky, dry and sore mouth, gums sore, dry cracked lower lip and corners of mouth with sore on outer lower lip. Red dry mouth and lip with blister or mouth ulcers, rough sore tongue. Eating is impossible at times, teeth feel like razors when touch tongue, can't eat spicy foods, wake up 5 or 6 times a night to drink and lubricate mouth and lips. Wake up 5 or 6 times to tinkle (failed bladder operation.

Comment from: Cally, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 31

I have had a cold which main symptoms are a runny/blocked nose, earache, sinus headache and sore throat. I have now started to have severe dry mouth at the end of this cold. It seems a little better during the day but at night I have to take water all through the night or I can hardly breathe. I hope this is just another symptom from the cold and hopefully it should go away. Soaking a hard sweet helps to bring more saliva and soothes it. It is terrible to live with dry mouth and tongue nipping. It makes it difficult to swallow and talk. I hope it goes away!!!

Comment from: Yves, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 25

I'm presently cycling in S-E Asia doing approximate 100 km a day. I've been taking malaria pills every day and sweating profusely. Despite drinking copious amount of fluids every day I am urinating very little. At first I was constipated but this problem no longer exists. I have been experiencing dry mouth every day for a week now!

Comment from: Richard, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: January 25

I went to the Dr about two weeks ago for a sore throat and he put me on Claritin-D and Omeprazole. 20mg it may have made mouth dryer and lip worse, but I had dry mouth before I went to the doctor.

Dry Mouth - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with dry mouth.
Dry Mouth - Causes Question: What causes your dry mouth?