Patient Comments: Dry Mouth - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with dry mouth.

Published: June 09

My throat is so dry at night that i must keep water or juice at my bedside. also I keep chewing gum handy. This condition interferes with my sleep so I stay tired. I caugh constantly sometimes to the point of becoming dizzy and losing my breath. I must constantly take caugh medicine. I have to sleep with my head elevated. Doctors have been no help.

Published: July 10

I was getting dry mouth worse and worse as time went by, until it finally got to the point that my mouth was literally sticking together and was not easy to open. I was sent to a sleep center, and it turned out that I had sleep apnea and was also sleeping with my mouth open most of the night.

Dry Mouth - Treatments Question: What treatment has been effective for your dry mouth?
Dry Mouth - Causes Question: What causes your dry mouth?