Patient Comments: Dry Eyes - Symptoms and Signs

What symptoms and signs did you experience with your dry eyes?

Comment from: Dreamworks*skg, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 10

I wake up during the night, sometimes several times, and can't open my eyes without using eye drops. I currently use Systane eye drops.

Comment from: ice, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

My eyes started itching when I was not taking good care of my soft contact lenses. First I felt the eye oozing just a little and took the contact out. I rubbed my eyes. The eye of course got red. My doctor said leave the lenses out for 24 hours. I know I should have ordered new contacts and bought a new eye case. My fault.

Comment from: Red, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 03

I live in the high desert. When I wake up in the middle of the night, I can't open my eyes – they're stuck. There's no mucous. I'm trying temporary plugs. First, the lower plugs were put in, but after a month the left eye still sticks, so today I had the top ones put in. I'll go back in three months for a follow-up, and then decide if I want the permanent ones. Has anyone else had a problem with not being able to get their eyes open without massaging the lids?

Dry Eyes - Cause Question: What was the cause of your dry eyes?
Dry Eyes - Treatment Question: Share your experience with your Dry Eyes Treatment
Dry Eyes - Complications Question: Did you suffer any complications with your dry eye syndrome?
Dry Eyes - Other Therapies Question: Have you taped your eyes to avoid waking up with dry eyes? Please share other therapies you've tried.