Patient Comments: Dry Eyes - Treatment

Please describe the treatments you received for dry eyes.

Comment from: Cindy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 28

My dry eye suffering is over. I discovered the new prescription Xiidra eye drops and they have resolved my problems. I do not even have to use over the counter eye drops anymore.

Comment from: gandhi, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 16

I have been suffering from this dry eye syndrome for about more than 5 years now. I can"t find proper relief. I read this article and learned a lot. I hope my condition gets better. I have been using lubricants and Add Tears.

Comment from: Jackie, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 31

I had dry eye symptoms occur twice within 10 days, it will be my fifth episode this year. I have discovered that aloe vera (can be a little itchy) works wonders along with a wet herbal tea bag.

Comment from: Skippy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 15

@Lisa ... the article did talk about all the things you mentioned. I'm surprised you didn't see it if you read the entire article.

Comment from: Siraj, Male (Patient) Published: August 29

I have been suffering from this dry eye syndrome for about more than 3 years now. I can't find proper relief. I read this article and learned a lot. I hope my condition gets better. I have been using lubricants and anti-allergy but all in vain.

Comment from: optsea3, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 21

The punctual inserts fell out the first and second days and eye drops proved ineffective.

Comment from: Lisa, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 15

I'm surprised the article didn't mention three other treatments that are very effective for many people: daily use of lid scrubs that help unclog the oil glands located along the inside edge of the lower lid, taking a fish oil (or other high quality EFAs) supplement every day, and using a humidifier in the bedroom if you live in a dry climate. I am able to manage my dry eyes by doing these things, even though I also take antihistamines every day.

Comment from: busy bee, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 12

I drive a bus, sometimes on really long trips. In winter the defroster is on. At home I use a wood stove for heat. A lot of times on trips I don't get home until 2 or 3 a.m. I use systane eye drops. I get annual optometry checkups and have 20/20 vision. I am finding I have to use it several times while night driving.

Dry Eyes - Cause Question: What was the cause of your dry eyes?
Dry Eyes - Symptoms and Signs Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with your dry eyes?
Dry Eyes - Complications Question: Did you suffer any complications with your dry eye syndrome?
Dry Eyes - Other Therapies Question: Have you taped your eyes to avoid waking up with dry eyes? Please share other therapies you've tried.