Patient Comments: Dry Eyes - Cause

Question:What was the cause of your dry eyes?

Comment from: James, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: February 16

I had cataract surgery in December 2010, and since then I've had red, burning eyes. I have been to the surgeon three times and he has prescribed steroids four times a day. I still have the problem. Never had this issue prior to surgery.

Comment from: Lou, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 24

My dry eyes were caused by early onset menopause. I had extremely blurred vision and could no longer drive. Once I started eye drops I was fine and my vision returned to normal.

Comment from: RK, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 02

My dry eyes were caused by taking furosemide water tablets. When I had them changed for Co-amillifrose my eves went a lot better. We have also proved this again when my husband was given the same medication and had exactly the same problems until he too was switched over.

Dry Eyes - Treatment Question: Share your experience with your Dry Eyes Treatment
Dry Eyes - Symptoms and Signs Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with your dry eyes?
Dry Eyes - Complications Question: Did you suffer any complications with your dry eye syndrome?
Dry Eyes - Other Therapies Question: Have you taped your eyes to avoid waking up with dry eyes? Please share other therapies you've tried.