- Bacterial Infections 101 Pictures Slideshow
- Take the Tummy Trouble Quiz
- Hepatitis C Slideshow Pictures
- What is doxycycline?
- What brand names are available for doxycycline?
- Is doxycycline available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for doxycycline?
- Why is doxycyclineprescribed to patients?
- What are the side effects of doxycycline?
- What is the dosage for doxycycline?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with doxycycline?
- Is doxycycline safe to use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about doxycycline?
What is doxycycline?
Doxycycline is a synthetic (man-made) antibiotic derived from tetracycline.
What brand names are available for doxycycline?
Brand names for doxycycline hyclate include Vibramycin, Oracea, Adoxa, Atridox, Acticlate, Acticlate Cap, Doryx, Doxteric, Doxy, Monodox, and others.
Quick GuideSymptoms of Mono: Infectious Mononucleosis Treatment
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.