Patient Comments: Double Vision - Symptoms

Describe the symptoms associated with your double vision.

Comment from: Melissa, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 21

My left eye has been twitching underneath and I get double vision in the right or left eye at different times but when I get somebody to look at my eyes when this happens my eyes are not crossing or changing.

Comment from: Taylor S., 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 30

As a sufferer of double vision for all my life, I see a normal image but also the same image but is merged out a bit, it isn't as clear as the normal image and is slightly blurring and I can see that my eye turns in whenever this happens. I can also force my eyes to do this, which isn't good. It hurts my eyes sometimes and I really don't to look at people in the eyes because it happens whenever I focus on an image straight on. Wearing glasses with prescription lenses helps and covering one eye up helps with the double vision.

Comment from: zigannie, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 27

After my yearly eye exam and dilation I developed double vision. I had many tests including several MRIs but there was no answer. I had migraines when younger and I used to be very light sensitive. My diagnosis of the double vision was that the light beam used to examine my eyes after dilating them was overdone. Now I am cancelling eye appointments because I cannot take the risk of this happening again.

Comment from: Adersg, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 07

I have had double vision 3 times this year, no warning just the double vision. I do not have diabetes as blood test was recently was done. I have no migraine, actually no headaches at all. Sometimes I see like blur around the vision and sharp in the center. I have an appointment for tomorrow I hope I get good news as I'll be on vacation and don't want the double vision to hit me in a strange country.

Comment from: Bad vision, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 20

I had RK (radial keratotomy) surgery over 30 years ago. My vision was so bad that at that time in my 20s, that when I heard of this surgery I decided to have it done. It was performed on the left eye only; I had 17 incisions done on my cornea. Wow, it was great to be able to see. Well, it turns out long term side effects caused the double vision and I also cannot see close up reading, especially if the letters are in color. I have reading glasses but they don't help very much, it's frustrating. My vision fluctuates to such extreme, the lights bother me. I have seen the eye doctor and nothing can be done. I never had my right eye done, however 3 years ago, I lost my vision on my right eye to myopia degeneration to the point it cannot be reversed.

Comment from: saif, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: May 01

When I put one hand on one eye image is clear, when I remove the hand it appears as double vision.

Comment from: ScottieG, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 25

I'm 58 years old, and diabetic (type 2). My vision has been slowly deteriorating for several years, but nothing I can't live with. Two days ago, while driving, I suddenly felt very strange. I actually thought I'd been drugged. My head was spinning, the sunlight bothered my eyes, and I was seeing double. Objects that were close, like the dashboard looked normal, but vehicles, signs and buildings in the distance were either overlapped or distinctly doubled. I tried closing my right eye, and the double vision went away. As soon as I used both eyes, it came right back. This has been constant ever since the onset, and I have had a low-grade headache most of the time. I have no other unusual symptoms.

Comment from: nannie, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 23

I have lens in for cataracts. I bent over to measure something. When I stood up I had double vision. If I covered one eye I could see ok. It lasted for a few minutes.

Double Vision - Causes Question: What was the cause of your double vision?
Double Vision - Diagnosis Question: Please discuss the events that led to a diagnosis of double vision.
Double Vision - Treatment Question: Depending on the diagnosis, what was the treatment for your double vision?