Patient Comments: Double Vision - Symptoms

Describe the symptoms associated with your double vision.

Comment from: Bad vision, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 20

I had RK (radial keratotomy) surgery over 30 years ago. My vision was so bad that at that time in my 20s, that when I heard of this surgery I decided to have it done. It was performed on the left eye only; I had 17 incisions done on my cornea. Wow, it was great to be able to see. Well, it turns out long term side effects caused the double vision and I also cannot see close up reading, especially if the letters are in color. I have reading glasses but they don't help very much, it's frustrating. My vision fluctuates to such extreme, the lights bother me. I have seen the eye doctor and nothing can be done. I never had my right eye done, however 3 years ago, I lost my vision on my right eye to myopia degeneration to the point it cannot be reversed.

Comment from: ScottieG, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 25

I'm 58 years old, and diabetic (type 2). My vision has been slowly deteriorating for several years, but nothing I can't live with. Two days ago, while driving, I suddenly felt very strange. I actually thought I'd been drugged. My head was spinning, the sunlight bothered my eyes, and I was seeing double. Objects that were close, like the dashboard looked normal, but vehicles, signs and buildings in the distance were either overlapped or distinctly doubled. I tried closing my right eye, and the double vision went away. As soon as I used both eyes, it came right back. This has been constant ever since the onset, and I have had a low-grade headache most of the time. I have no other unusual symptoms.

Comment from: nannie, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 23

I have lens in for cataracts. I bent over to measure something. When I stood up I had double vision. If I covered one eye I could see ok. It lasted for a few minutes.

Comment from: wayne, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 18

My head hurts around my eyes only. If I don't eat for some time it starts or when I eat it feels like my head has a lot of pressure and there is some ringing in my ears.

Comment from: Richard, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: October 22

After being on Prozac for 40 pills I found I had double vision when keeping my head straight ahead and just moving eyes right or left I see double images. After blood test and several eye tests including neurological tests, nothing has been found. I am off Prozac for 3 weeks.

Comment from: saif, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: May 01

When I put one hand on one eye image is clear, when I remove the hand it appears as double vision.

Comment from: lyons, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 18

I just get double vision for anything from 2 to 10 minutes.

Comment from: bettyday, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: October 15

Suddenly my right eye blurred and then double image appeared one on top of the other. It lasted a few minutes and my eye feels sore.

Double Vision - Causes Question: What was the cause of your double vision?
Double Vision - Diagnosis Question: Please discuss the events that led to a diagnosis of double vision.
Double Vision - Treatment Question: Depending on the diagnosis, what was the treatment for your double vision?