- A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Medical Illustrations of the Heart Image Collection
- Take the Heart Disease Quiz!
- Is dopamine-injection available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for dopamine-injection?
- What are the uses for dopamine-injection?
- What are the side effects of dopamine-injection?
- What is the dosage for dopamine-injection?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with dopamine-injection?
- Is dopamine-injection safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about dopamine-injection?
Is dopamine-injection available as a generic drug?
GENERIC AVAILABLE: Yes
Do I need a prescription for dopamine-injection?
What are the uses for dopamine-injection?
- Dopamine is prescribed to correct hemodynamic status in patients with shock syndrome due to
- This means dopamine may be capable of improving urine flow, blood pressure, blood flow to vital organs, and improving heart function in patients with shock syndrome.
What are the side effects of dopamine-injection?
Common side effects of dopamine include
Serious side effects of dopamine include
- abnormal heart rhythm,
- increased or decreased blood pressure,
- increased pressure in the eye, and
- gangrene in the extremities.
Quick GuideHeart Disease: Symptoms, Signs, and Causes
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.