dong quai (Angelica sinensis)-oral Index
dong quai (Angelica sinensis, Chinese Angelica, Tang Kuei, Tan Kue Bai Zhi, Tanggwi, Toki, Angelica China, female Ginseng) is an herbal supplement purported to treat premature ejaculations, premenstrual syndrome, symptoms of menopause, menstrual cramps, anemia, constipation, skin discoloration, joint aches and pains, ulcers, and high blood pressure. Side effects, drug interactions, and pregnancy safety information should be reviewed prior to taking this supplement.
Anemia is the condition of having less than the normal number of red blood cells or less than the normal quantity of hemoglobin...learn more »
Constipation is defined medically as fewer than three stools per week and severe constipation as less than one stool per week....learn more »
Migraine headaches are severe headaches that are accompanies to sensitivity to light, sounds, and smells. They are often...learn more »
In This Article
Migraine Headache Article
- Migraine headache facts
- What is a migraine?
- What are migraine triggers?
- What causes migraines?
- What are the risk factors for migraine?
- What are the signs and symptoms of migraines?
- How are migraines diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for migraines?
- Migraine medications
- What self-care treatment and lifestyle changes work for migraines?
- How are migraines managed during pregnancy?
- How are migraines managed in children?
- What is the prognosis for migraines?
- Can migraines be prevented?
Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints. When joints are inflamed they can develop stiffness, warmth, swelling, redness...learn more »
In This Article
- Arthritis facts
- What is arthritis?
- How many types of arthritis exist?
- What causes arthritis?
- What are risk factors for arthritis?
- What are arthritis symptoms and signs?
- Who is affected by arthritis?
- How do
health-care professionals diagnose arthritis? Why is a diagnosis important?
- Is there an arthritis diet?
- Are there foods to avoid when you have arthritis?
- What is the treatment for arthritis?
- What are the prognosis (outlook) for arthritis, and what are arthritis complications?
- Is it possible to prevent arthritis?
- What is a rheumatologist, and what specialties of doctors treat arthritis?
- What is the Arthritis Foundation?
Menstrual cramps (pain in the belly and pelvic area) are experienced by women as a result of menses. Menstrual cramps are not the...learn more »
In This Article
Menstrual Cramps Article
- Menstrual cramps facts
- What are menstrual cramps?
- How common are menstrual cramps?
- What is dysmenorrhea?
- What causes menstrual cramps?
- Why are some cramps so painful?
- Can menstrual cramps be measured?
- What other factors influence menstrual cramps?
- What are the symptoms of menstrual cramps?
- How are menstrual cramps diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for common menstrual cramps (primary dysmenorrhea)?
- What if the cramps are very severe?
- Are there surgical solutions?
- What is the treatment of secondary dysmenorrhea?
- What is the long-term outlook (prognosis) for menstrual cramps?