Patient Comments: Dizziness - Diagnosis

Please describe your diagnosis of your dizziness.

Comment from: Eileen, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: November 11

I have been having blackouts or near blackouts for about two years. It only happens at night. It started with one episode every four months to three weeks to three months with having about six in a cluster. I have had every test for heart, head and even kidneys. The doctors can't find anything. It's scary. Last night I woke up, and had a blackout followed with a hot flash and nausea. I had about six more.

Comment from: Faith, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

I had shakiness, dizziness, nausea, heart palpitations, and brain fog until I became totally home bound. I saw 50 doctors until one looked at my five inch thick chart and all these tests. I thought I had mycotoxins poisoning which is black mold. How is that possible! Well, we tore open a wall to look inside, and guess what, behind the sheet rock we had hidden black mold in our house. The mold was odorless, and invisible. We moved into our condominium and I slowly got better; it took 14 months to get well!

Comment from: vira, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 14

I am experiencing dizziness/vertigo for last two months. MRI of the brain shows ischemic areas in brain, MRI of the spine shows mild diffused bulge C2 to C7. Ear and eye exams show normal. Brain angiography normal. Neurologist says it is neither the problem of brain nor spine to be treated symptomatically. Another neurologist says it is ENT problem whereas ENT exam was normal. Still dizziness spells are continuing.

Comment from: Paul, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 05

Today I had a 12 hour bout of food poisoning with vertigo so intense and of duration I thought it was benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV). At first I thought it was a stroke, but then ruled that out. The vertigo lasted for hours, anytime I moved my head, making it impossible to sit up much less then stand. When I tried standing I had vomiting and diarrhea, which pointed to the food poisoning, although I did not feel gastrointestinal issues until I tried sitting up in bed. This was not an internal sensation, the world around me visually appeared as if it was spinning around my head. Sound exacerbated it, so I put in earplugs. I finally found a position lying down on my side where it subsided, and I just stayed there. I finally fell asleep and slept it off. Now, 15 hours later I feel fine, but still very dizzy if I bend over too quickly. Very scary, it gives one an appreciation of just how serious so-called dizzy spells can really be.

Comment from: radha, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I feel spaced out for a split second, while sitting, walking, talking, etc. Sometimes my vision gets blurred. This has been continuing for a week now. Six months back I had sustained a blunt head injury.

Comment from: Dizziness, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 28

I am a diabetic patient and it is always normal. I take metformin 850 mg tablet twice a day. Now I have dizziness.

Comment from: cswier, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 21

I have had dizziness for over a week. Yesterday while walking 3 miles I had weakness in my knees, poor circulation in feet, extreme sweating, and was feeling very faint. I drank some water but today am still feeling light-headed.

Dizziness - Causes Question: What caused your dizziness?
Dizziness - Standing Up Question: Please describe your experience with dizziness when standing up.
Dizziness - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your dizziness?