Patient Comments: Dizziness - Diagnosis

Please describe your diagnosis of your dizziness.

Comment from: radha, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I feel spaced out for a split second, while sitting, walking, talking, etc. Sometimes my vision gets blurred. This has been continuing for a week now. Six months back I had sustained a blunt head injury.

Comment from: ninkinindy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

When I"m dizzy if I close my eyes it feels like everything around me is moving; side to side and up and down. It feels like I"m on a boat with rough seas. I have some or all of the following: headache, blurred/double vision, poor balance - I look like I"m drunk; I am sweaty, very spacy, very shaky, and can"t think or remember. The doctor sent me to the emergency room (ER) for blood work and an MRI which was, thankfully, normal. Diagnosis was vertigo. I"d had some of the symptoms off and on for months, and couldn"t figure out why I felt so bad. I have many medical problems but none that would account for this. No medicines were prescribed, but ER doctor suggested Benadryl if symptoms got bad again. Last few days I"ve felt relatively normal. I"ve been referred to a neurologist. I"ve been told there"s not a lot that can be done for vertigo, but I"ll appreciate any relief.

Comment from: loving sonu, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: March 26

I am suffering with dizziness from long time, sometime better, sometime sick. I drink lots of water but mouth gets dry, and I get thirsty; I always want to sleep but when I try can't sleep or relax, my head going like vertigo. I have headache and my vision is not good, I can't see things clearly. My skin also is a bit dry and I have some rashes. It look I have heat in body that's why there is a lack of water and I get dizziness.

Comment from: mike, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 06

A week ago I started getting dizzy spells and mild headaches and first we thought it was because we moved into an RV and it wasn't totally level; we also checked for carbon monoxide. The other half is having no problems and we are not using the propane for heat, only electric heaters. My ears are not ringing or anything like that. It's slowly getting worse. I do have a pectus chest, I wonder if that could have anything to do with it.

Comment from: GRT, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 31

I am 71, fairly healthy, very active, I get these really quick 'rock my world' spells now and then, they pass quickly. Usually if I am standing or walking I have to grab something to hold onto. I shake my head and go about my business. But this time I was sitting, relaxed, watching TV and it hit me like waves, like I was fading out, I kept fighting it to stay above it, was able to struggle out of the chair get to the bedroom and lie down. When I tried to sit up I was not able to lift myself up. With help, as I would get part way up, the wave would hit me again and I would have to lie back down. I called 911, could not make my legs work to walk. Eight hours in the emergency room and 2 days with many tests, everything showed clear, now I've been sent home. I am to take antibiotic for possible sinus infection and levofloxacin for the dizzy spells. I will do follow up with the doctor. I am not sure if it will work. I never had sweats or upset stomach with any of the spells. This is the only one that lasted what seemed like an hour.

Comment from: FirstLa1, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 30

I feel dizzy/lightheaded when I am sitting talking to someone or sometime while I am alone.

Comment from: dude cx, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 30

I have a more likely chance of being dizzy in the morning if I use Q-tips at night; that wax in your ear is a good thing.

Dizziness - Causes Question: What caused your dizziness?
Dizziness - Standing Up Question: Please describe your experience with dizziness when standing up.
Dizziness - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your dizziness?