Patient Comments: Dizziness - Diagnosis

Please describe your diagnosis of your dizziness.

Comment from: loving sonu, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: March 26

I am suffering with dizziness from long time, sometime better, sometime sick. I drink lots of water but mouth gets dry, and I get thirsty; I always want to sleep but when I try can't sleep or relax, my head going like vertigo. I have headache and my vision is not good, I can't see things clearly. My skin also is a bit dry and I have some rashes. It look I have heat in body that's why there is a lack of water and I get dizziness.

Comment from: mike, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 06

A week ago I started getting dizzy spells and mild headaches and first we thought it was because we moved into an RV and it wasn't totally level; we also checked for carbon monoxide. The other half is having no problems and we are not using the propane for heat, only electric heaters. My ears are not ringing or anything like that. It's slowly getting worse. I do have a pectus chest, I wonder if that could have anything to do with it.

Comment from: GRT, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 31

I am 71, fairly healthy, very active, I get these really quick 'rock my world' spells now and then, they pass quickly. Usually if I am standing or walking I have to grab something to hold onto. I shake my head and go about my business. But this time I was sitting, relaxed, watching TV and it hit me like waves, like I was fading out, I kept fighting it to stay above it, was able to struggle out of the chair get to the bedroom and lie down. When I tried to sit up I was not able to lift myself up. With help, as I would get part way up, the wave would hit me again and I would have to lie back down. I called 911, could not make my legs work to walk. Eight hours in the emergency room and 2 days with many tests, everything showed clear, now I've been sent home. I am to take antibiotic for possible sinus infection and levofloxacin for the dizzy spells. I will do follow up with the doctor. I am not sure if it will work. I never had sweats or upset stomach with any of the spells. This is the only one that lasted what seemed like an hour.

Comment from: red, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: December 19

Since taking amoxicillin 500 mg, I have been dizzy, and I feel hungry right after I eat. I am taking the medications because of tooth pain; I will be seeing an endodontist for evaluation. I am wondering if the medicines could cause the dizziness.

Comment from: Dizzy G., 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

I would get bouts of severe dizziness and nausea that would last 24 to 36 hours. At these times, I would be extremely weak and have to sleep all day and night. I went to primary care physicians, heart doctors and ear, nose and throat specialists. Finally, I concluded that I was drinking too much iced tea. I thought either the liquid was reducing my sodium level or else the caffeine was messing with my adrenaline. I quit drinking iced tea and other caffeine drinks and I haven't had any dizziness, nausea, or weakness for three months now and I can sleep a lot better.

Comment from: kenny, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I have had my gallbladder removed. It's been almost a year now and every day I am sick and get dizzy. I get the shakes so bad I have a hard time.

Comment from: nikkiboo, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

After laying down, especially on my back, when it's time to get up it's like the whole house is spinning. I have to lay down for a while.

Dizziness - Causes Question: What caused your dizziness?
Dizziness - Standing Up Question: Please describe your experience with dizziness when standing up.
Dizziness - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your dizziness?