Patient Comments: Dizziness - Diagnosis

Please describe your diagnosis of your dizziness.

Comment from: cwatson, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 18

I can just be sitting or standing and it is almost like a wave comes over me. I get really light-headed and dizzy my heart beats fast and I get clammy. I guess you could say I get a little queasy, but not to the point of throwing-up. Just as quickly as it hits it resides in about 5min. I'm good again. It seems to come in spurts. Today I had this about 4 times today. It has been probably about 3-4 months since I had one. I have had my sugar checked and have worn a heart monitor for a month, but didn't have an episode so they couldn't give me an answer.

Comment from: Jan, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 08

For the last few weeks I have been having dizzy spells. I do a lot of gardening and find when I get up I have to sit down again for fear of falling over. I did recently have a blood pressure test and was told it was low, but not to worry. I was also told that my dizzy spells were nothing to worry about. I have just turned 60, apart from a very bad attack of bronchitis about 3 winters ago, which has left me short of breath when walking up hills I have been well. Hope you can give me some positive feed back.

Comment from: gjo1, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 08

I am taking Chantix to help quit smoking, would this casue vertigo or dizziness? This is my third week taking the med and I have cut down my smoking considerably from a pack to 5/6 cigarettes a day. I also have hypothyroid disease and am wondering if that plays a role. I have my blood work checked every three months and I am within the guidelines of proper medication.

Comment from: b.b, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 04

I get spells of dizzy or light headiness which lasts 30mins-2hours bothered from 26 years of age.

Comment from: Dizzy girl in Kentuc, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 21

I'm a 59-year old female who has been experiencing dizziness, nausea, and vomiting at random times. If I can lie down, the dizziness subsides, but the nausea and vomiting may last for a couple of more hours. I also feel shaky and disoriented. Once the symptoms end, I usually fall into a very deep sleep lasting about four hours and when I wake up, I am ravenous. I always want food-food, that is, steak, hamburgers, chicken and absolutely no sugar. Sugar makes the symptoms worse.

Comment from: mybrotherscott, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: April 06

My brother was in an accident when he was 18 years old. It left him paralyzed on the left side of his body. He is now 48 years old. He walks with a cane. He lately has been falling a lot. No new medication given, I have not changed anything.

Comment from: sue, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

I have had a by-pass in October, but I have had all kinds of problems since I had it done. I have lost 8 stone and I am still loosing, but I am seriously suffering from light headedness and have gotten a head ache most mornings do you think that I need to see my gp?

Comment from: tim s, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 31

I have recently been described as having high blood pressure. I thought my 1st prescribed Lisinopril was the cause of it, but I've had an incident where I got out of my car and couldn't stand up. The dizziness was so bad. It was like I was trying to get up, but my equilibrium was all out of whack. I'm not sure what direction I'm going now.

Comment from: benoit, 55-64 Male Published: March 31

I have Parkinson's. I also have to use a catheter 3 to 4 times daily from my bladder. The doctors say I have type II diabetes, but my accu checks are always good. I get what I call white outs I get so dizzy I lose all my strength and totally can't see for seconds I get weak and my blood pressure drops down real low. Do you have any advice for me?

Dizziness - Causes Question: What caused your dizziness?
Dizziness - Standing Up Question: Please describe your experience with dizziness when standing up.
Dizziness - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your dizziness?