Patient Comments: Dizziness - Diagnosis

Please describe your diagnosis of your dizziness.

Comment from: William, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 12

I have been a heavy smoker in the past but now smoke approx 5/10 a day. Recently I have been experiencing some dizziness particularly after I get up in the morning and occasionally cannot focus properly. Would this be low blood pressure or vertigo?

Comment from: miker, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 12

I feel dizzy in the morning and all day long as well. I feel like blacking out and distorted vision tired and weak as well.

Comment from: msmir3, 45-54 Female Published: June 12

I have been dizzy all day at work I work in a greenhouse and nursery. I try to drink as much liquid as possible. Today I had 3 32oz bottles of vitamin water and water. I felt like I was going to faint. I feel weak and tired my head hurts a little. I am lying down in an air conditioned room. I still fell a little dizzy it gets worse when I walk around.

Comment from: drs4400, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 08

I am 55 years old and I have dizzy spells 1 day of the month and they last for about 9 hours happening every hour on the hour then they stop after about 9 hours and return again 1 month later. I have a weird smell sometimes get real sweaty get dizzy for about 10 to 15 seconds then I am good for an hour then it happens again. I have had every test that you can imagine even been in the hospital ER hooked up to machines and everything is always normal. This has been happening for the past 2 and 1/2 years.

Comment from: J.T. from Ohio, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: June 08

I have had two severe vertigo attacks in six months. I was hospitalized for two days to regain walking ability. I have always had a problem with my left ear, but never a severe vertigo problem I have blood pressure problem of late, especially the systolic I was on Lisipril, Diovan HCT they didn't work now it's been changed again. I took one Norvasc for years and then for some reason my medicine has been changed and the nightmare began.

Comment from: allegirl, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

I am a 42 female who experienced my first bout of dizziness over five years ago. I was shopping in Walmart and it came out of nowhere. I got very dizzy, weak, and felt like I was going to faint. I also got very hot and then cold. I ended up in the ER that night and again a few days later. My whole nervous system seemed like it was going crazy. Since then I had random bouts of dizziness. Now it is progressively getting worse. I cannot walk into any store and even find it hard to go to the doctors. I went today and although I was in a wheelchair, I was still dizzy, etc. My mother put cold paper towels on me and then got an ice pack. I had to sit with my elbows propped and my head down. Some things that help me are: staying out of stores, staying cool, laying in front of a cold air conditioner with the air blowing on me, relaxation techniques, short rests during the day. My advice to anyone, is to not ignore the signs and symptoms. Write them down, be as proactive as you can. Do lots of google searches! Get your medical records. If anyone has any suggestions on anything else that helps with dizziness I would greatly appreciate it:)

Comment from: worried, 55-64 Female Published: June 01

For several weeks now I have been getting light headed. It happens when I am lying down and turn over in bed or start to get up out of bed. It only lasts a short time, but I have to stop my movement and lay very still until it passes. I am also experiencing frequent nose bleeds from one side of my nose. I can be lying in bed doing nothing or bending over doing something and all of a sudden my nose gushes blood. I have never had nose bleeds before through out my entire life. It doesn't last long and quickly stops as quickly as it started. It feels as if my nose is starting to run and all of a sudden blood is running from my nose. Are these two symptoms related with each other? I have been under a great deal of stress from my business failing and over whelmed with bills.

Comment from: Gerrymac, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 20

My dizziness episodes started out of nowhere. I was relaxed and had just completed editing of an article for my MS newsletter. I am in a wheelchair and turned away from my computer and WHAMMO, it began and seemed to come at me in waves. I thought I was about to die. Like a roller coaster the dizziness took me to an extreme high peak and then downward to a low point. Again and again. When this happened to me, I was fortunate to have a health-care worker with me and seeing I was in trouble, she kept saying 'relax' to me which helped calm me down. Within minutes the paramedics arrived and hooked me up to several monitors. Apparently, my BP and heart rate were off the map. They injected me with a drug to slow everything down until the ambulance arrived and took me to the hospital where I stayed for 2 weeks. The whole episode was very scary. All my heart tests were clear. They put me on a beta blocker and magnesium pill to help my blood chemistry. Now I have outpatient tests planned. Hope these comments help somebody.

Dizziness - Causes Question: What caused your dizziness?
Dizziness - Standing Up Question: Please describe your experience with dizziness when standing up.
Dizziness - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your dizziness?