Patient Comments: Dizziness - Diagnosis

Please describe your diagnosis of your dizziness.

Comment from: Amanda, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 14

A week ago I became a bit dizzy, and then it was followed by nausea. I am not pregnant and am quite concerned.

Comment from: Bettyan, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

I am a patient with high blood pressure. I am on drugs bendroflumethiazide 2.5mg, Atenolol 100mg, Zestril (lisinopril dehydrate) 5mg (7.5mg). I have been on these drugs for a while now. I had this feeling of lightheadedness which had gone but now I am having it every day which makes me want to pass out. Sometimes my mid heart is very heavy and painful but not my left side. Sometimes I will sweat profusely and stop. It happens at any position.

Comment from: rkymtroxie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 15

I get dizzy when I lay on my left side only. The dizziness is really weird feeling like my brain is moving around.

Comment from: gideon, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: December 30

When I am walking I feel like I'm about to fall on the ground.

Comment from: queen, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

I worked up about 4AM, used the toilet and headed back to bed. As I put my head down on my pillow, I felt as if I was going to faint, my head felt very light. I tested my blood pressure and the reading was 141/95.

Comment from: Joy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I am a 50 year old female and I have had lightheadedness and pressure on my head, mostly the back part of my head and I am off balance. I get vibrations from my voice. I'm on Serc which helps with the dizziness. I've been like this for almost a year now and haven't been diagnosed with anything. I've had 2 MRI and a CT scan and my brain and ears are fine.

Comment from: DrDoolittle, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 21

I have bouts of extreme vertigo, dizziness, nausea. It has been so bad my husband insisted i go to the dr as he thinks my blood pressure was dropping. The nurse said you are really relax this morning as I was moving/talking so slow. My B/P was 98/58. The dr said it is because of my IBS symptoms causing dehydration. Don't know if i agree as I drink plenty of fluids everyday. Sometimes it will last for 30 minutes, sometimes for hours.

Comment from:, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 17

I was recently diagnosed wit emphazema, COPD, high blood pressure, plus I have hypothyroidism. Lately I get ligtheaded. I am on oxygen 24/7. What might cause it?

Comment from: Neoma, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 10

I am 62, have had relatively high blood pressure most of my life. I have only one kidney so I have always been very careful what kind of medication I take. Recently they put me on blood pressure medicine. My blood pressure went down to 107/60. At the same time I started getting dizzy and lightheaded. But in addition my arms and legs felt so heavy they didn't want to move....I am lethargic and feel like I can't concentrate. I would be dangerous driving this way. So I cut my blood pressure pills in half. things got better. But recently I am dizzy and lethargic and feel awful. Took my blood pressure and it was 144/84. Not low. I guess there must be something else going on. Time to go to the Dr.

Dizziness - Causes Question: What caused your dizziness?
Dizziness - Standing Up Question: Please describe your experience with dizziness when standing up.
Dizziness - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your dizziness?