Patient Comments: Dizziness - Diagnosis

Please describe your diagnosis of your dizziness.

Comment from: NT, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

I feel dizzy when I stand up living my disk to go and see other colleagues or I am going up the steps and vice versa. When I get dizzy I do not have pain anywhere eccept that the ground feels to far a way from my body. The minute I take some sugar then I get to feel better.

Comment from: Dizzy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

No nausea or vomiting, I just sit here and feel dizzy. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night feeling dizzy. It comes and goes all throughout my day. As a matter of fact I feel dizzy right now.

Comment from: Mrs M Sinclair, 55-64 Female Published: July 06

In the last few days I have light headiness, feeling the room is spinning around me when I lay down, fatigue, very, very tired, lifeless really. I also feel lightheaded. I am on thyroxin per day. I also started taking Aloe Vera Forever gel 2 fluid ounces per day.

Comment from: richmond, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 06

I suffered (3) strokes back. The only thing left from the strokes today is the lightheadness that I experienced after the strokes. I am 63 years old, a male non-smoker and feel fine except for the lightheadness that I feel while standing. I don't experience it sitting or laying down. Is there a medication I might try.

Comment from: Airhead, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

I woke up with the sensation of being very lightheaded, a little off balance, and have had a mild headache. This feeling has persisted for 10 to 12 hours. My heart rate is normally from 70 to 85. Today it has been 100 to 110.

Comment from: MilG1115, 75 or over Female Published: July 06

I was hot and started to get out of bed to go to the bathroom, and I sat up and felt like I was whirling around and couldn't walk. I called my son and dove in to my house and turned on the air and shut the windows, and I got better, but I have no energy and I still feel woozy a lot.

Comment from: Eeems, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: June 24

I have lightheadedness and some vertigo, but not with a spinning sensation. I have taken meclizine which seems to aggravate the condition. I have considerable stiffness in my neck. Is it possible I may have a pinched nerve creating my problem.

Comment from: John, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: June 24

I am a 77 year old male. My dizziness is similar to June 1st except no nose bleed. I sleep on my left side and if I turn quickly to my right side, it seems that I will pass out. If I turn slowly, there is no problem. During the day, I become dizzy if I get up too fast or make a quick turn. If I take a Meclizine, which is for motion sickness, it helps for a while.

Comment from: big bill, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: June 12

I take my blood pressure its usually 160 0ver 57. I get dizzy and have no strength when doing some work. When I turn my head while backing up my truck I feel like I am going to pass out. I am 83 years old and take hydrochlorothiazide 50 mg every day for my high blood pressure.

Dizziness - Causes Question: What caused your dizziness?
Dizziness - Standing Up Question: Please describe your experience with dizziness when standing up.
Dizziness - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your dizziness?