Patient Comments: Dizziness - Diagnosis

Please describe your diagnosis of your dizziness.

Comment from: womanontheedge, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 24

I just found this site and was looking to see if anyone sounded like me. My dizziness started with a few spells' one right after I was swimming laps and another while I was on the computer. The next think I knew was I woke up dizzy - and it never went away. My dizziness does not feel like the room is moving around me, but more like I have movement in my head. In the beginning I would wake up (after having a hard time going to sleep because I was dizzy - like a hamster running around in there) and be so dizzy that I would throw up. I discovered that it was caused by changes in atmospheric pressure. I would try to hold my head still, but it didn't help. Being in stores bothered me. I was very sensitive to light and sound (I still am when there is a change in atmospheric pressure). I had a number of test done - cat scans, MRI's, balance tests, rotation chair, etc. I ended up with a diagnosis of endolymphatic hydrops of which meneres is a form. Treatment is a low salt diet (hard to do when you have a family) and a diuretic. I can no longer take the meds. Not all doctors agreed with the diagnosis, so who really knows. I am still dizzy 24/7 with better days now as it has been almost 9 years. If I thought I would have this forever when it started I don't know what I would have done. If anyone has what sounds like this, please comment.

Comment from: mianena79, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 16

I was at the gym yesterday and did my normal routine, but when I was done I became very dizzy and lightheaded and had to sit for about 20 minutes or so. I was not able to walk. I was having hot and cold flashes. I took my sweater off thinking that maybe my body was hot. I asked one of the girls at the gym if I could have a piece of gum to see if that could help. I am not sure what could have made me feel this way.

Comment from: angelsen68, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 31

I sat by my desk at home doing some work on the computer. I had just gotten back home from having breakfast and suddenly I started to feel dizzy with a sick stomach. I had to drop everything and go lie down on the couch. I haven't felt like this in a very long time. The nausea was so bad that I could not eat for the day thereafter and still had a sick stomach. I went to see my ob/gyn for my yearly check and when he checked my BP it was 116/103, not sure how I should feel. He has requested that I do some testing including CA125, Lipid Profile and a CBC, Mammogram and Ultrasound, feeling a bit scared right now, but we'll see how it goes.

Comment from: Dizziness, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 28

I am a diabetic patient and it is always normal. I take metformin 850 mg tablet twice a day. Now I have dizziness.

Comment from: cswier, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 21

I have had dizziness for over a week. Yesterday while walking 3 miles I had weakness in my knees, poor circulation in feet, extreme sweating, and was feeling very faint. I drank some water but today am still feeling light-headed.

Comment from: Hmicole1112, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

I have extreme dizziness upon standing and loss of balance. I am feeling like I'm going pass out.

Comment from: Bernhard, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 26

I have dizziness, constant vision problems, feelings of nausea, and cotton in my head.

Comment from: Mallory, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

I have a slight headache, dizziness, ringing in the ears, and dry eye.

Dizziness - Causes Question: What caused your dizziness?
Dizziness - Standing Up Question: Please describe your experience with dizziness when standing up.
Dizziness - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your dizziness?