Patient Comments: Dizziness - Diagnosis

Please describe your diagnosis of your dizziness.

Comment from: phoenixgal7, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 26

I have a dizzy spell about two to three times a week. It usually occurs at work in the mornings and always between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m. I log onto my computer and check emails, etc., and all of a sudden, my vision becomes blurred, and I start to feel dizzy and off balance. I get real hot and have to fan myself. It lasts for about five minutes and then I get cold. Once this passes, I am not bothered with it for the remainder of the day. I have had my heart checked out, and an EKG performed. An echocardiogram and stress test showed my heart is perfectly normal, my doctor says.

Comment from: Jeni, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 08

I am experiencing bouts of lightheadedness but do not have any other symptoms, such as vomiting, nausea, headaches. It almost always occurs on the treadmill and sometimes between breakfast and lunch. It feels as if my head drops forward, but it doesn't. I don't think that I have any symptoms such as confusion, but I think it is more of a feeling of imbalance. Today is a bad day, and I cannot get rid of the feeling. I just ate a big bowl of soup and snacked on crackers and carrots mid-morning. I also had oatmeal this morning. I don't know what's causing my dizziness.

Comment from: NT, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

I feel dizzy when I stand up living my disk to go and see other colleagues or I am going up the steps and vice versa. When I get dizzy I do not have pain anywhere eccept that the ground feels to far a way from my body. The minute I take some sugar then I get to feel better.

Comment from: Dizzy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

No nausea or vomiting, I just sit here and feel dizzy. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night feeling dizzy. It comes and goes all throughout my day. As a matter of fact I feel dizzy right now.

Comment from: Mrs M Sinclair, 55-64 Female Published: July 06

In the last few days I have light headiness, feeling the room is spinning around me when I lay down, fatigue, very, very tired, lifeless really. I also feel lightheaded. I am on thyroxin per day. I also started taking Aloe Vera Forever gel 2 fluid ounces per day.

Comment from: richmond, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 06

I suffered (3) strokes back. The only thing left from the strokes today is the lightheadness that I experienced after the strokes. I am 63 years old, a male non-smoker and feel fine except for the lightheadness that I feel while standing. I don't experience it sitting or laying down. Is there a medication I might try.

Comment from: Airhead, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

I woke up with the sensation of being very lightheaded, a little off balance, and have had a mild headache. This feeling has persisted for 10 to 12 hours. My heart rate is normally from 70 to 85. Today it has been 100 to 110.

Comment from: MilG1115, 75 or over Female Published: July 06

I was hot and started to get out of bed to go to the bathroom, and I sat up and felt like I was whirling around and couldn't walk. I called my son and dove in to my house and turned on the air and shut the windows, and I got better, but I have no energy and I still feel woozy a lot.

Comment from: Eeems, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: June 24

I have lightheadedness and some vertigo, but not with a spinning sensation. I have taken meclizine which seems to aggravate the condition. I have considerable stiffness in my neck. Is it possible I may have a pinched nerve creating my problem.

Dizziness - Causes Question: What caused your dizziness?
Dizziness - Standing Up Question: Please describe your experience with dizziness when standing up.
Dizziness - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your dizziness?