Patient Comments: Dizziness - Diagnosis

Please describe your diagnosis of your dizziness.

Comment from: dude cx, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 30

I have a more likely chance of being dizzy in the morning if I use Q-tips at night; that wax in your ear is a good thing.

Comment from: LADYBUGG, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I have been diagnosed with vertigo, but it has subsided with physical therapy. I haven"t had any episodes until a year ago, but it isn"t the same. Lately, I get extremely dizzy upon standing, followed by throbbing inside my head, like it"s going to explode. My legs feel like they are going to give out on me and I have to hurry and find a place to sit. At times, I feel like I"m walking up a hill, and my left ear feels like I have a cup covering it. I wonder if this is a vertigo or a cardio problem.

Comment from: Sharon W., 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

Three mornings in a row when I got up I was off balance and felt like I couldn"t stand up or walk right or was going to fall. It went away in a few minutes after being up.

Comment from: nikkiboo, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

After laying down, especially on my back, when it's time to get up it's like the whole house is spinning. I have to lay down for a while.

Comment from: EBONYN, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

I get dizzy when I lay on my left side only. The dizziness is really weird feeling like my brain is moving around.

Comment from: Jules, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I woke up feeling unsteady with a headache and felt as if I was walking above the ground level. It was really weird as I had it once before about a year ago. I have headache today but I'm better. I do suffer from vertigo occasionally, but I've been so tired the last week or so.

Comment from: dovecall, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I have been getting light headed for the last few weeks. I went in the hospital and they said I was dehydrated and gave me fluids had took an X-ray and it showed I had bronchitis. They gave me antibiotics and also prednisone for sinusitis. I am still feeling very light headed and a lot of pressure in my head.

Comment from: came243, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

I have dizziness and there are times if I laugh too hard, I feel very light headed. I can sometimes feel a throbbing in my chest. Also, I'm not sure if it's related, but I sometimes get severe leg or feet cramps. I am on Diovan along with a water pill for high blood pressure. Recently, my blood pressure was 100/76 and the nurse thought it maybe too low for me. I really need some help.

Comment from: lesley, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

I discovered that I was losing my hearing as well. Over time it seemed that as my hearing loss worsened, the pains increased. I had a fungal infection in my right ear that also caused a spike in blood pressure and one time my left arm went numb. An ekg showed no heart problems. I have had 2 cat scans and 2 MRI's over the years, and plenty of blood tests all coming out normal. This past January, I noticed that I couldn't hear out of my right ear. I also started to get palpitations, and blurry vision while driving. The pains in my head increased. I was doing badly in school, and I started to lose my balance and fall, other times I was dizzy, and have been hallucinating, mainly colors. I went to the ER and had very high blood pressure reading despite the fact that I was taking Atenolol and Amis. My left arm went numb, and I couldn't read the eye chart, and one of the nurses had a blue chin. The doctor said that I had Meneries and prescribed the antivert. I just went through tests. One test was abnormal. Another test was inconclusive for I didn't see one red dot I saw many. Between each test I saw blue. I have been on the following medications: Antivert, Atenolol, Amitryptoline, and Valium, of course not during the tests. I now have an appointment with physical therapy and none of my doctors agree about diagnosis and medications. I am so confused. I don't know what lies in the future for me. The medications side effects produce the same effects I am trying to get rid of. The hallucinations have caused a stop of Amis, but my ENT just ordered a 6 month supply of Valium, which are addictive. I don't like this at all. In the meantime, I am still weak, but the valium has helped the tingling in my head and pain. I am more constipated, and this is from the medications. I am not working. This is causing a complete interruption of my ability to function properly. My daughter is getting married next month. This should be a glorious time, but I am being kept out of all planning and I feel so lost. I should be a part of this important day. I guess the best I can hope for is that I won't make a fool of myself.

Dizziness - Causes Question: What caused your dizziness?
Dizziness - Standing Up Question: Please describe your experience with dizziness when standing up.
Dizziness - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your dizziness?