Patient Comments: Dizziness - Diagnosis

Please describe your diagnosis of your dizziness.

Comment from: rkymtroxie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 15

I get dizzy when I lay on my left side only. The dizziness is really weird feeling like my brain is moving around.

Comment from: gideon, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: December 30

When I am walking I feel like I'm about to fall on the ground.

Comment from: queen, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

I worked up about 4AM, used the toilet and headed back to bed. As I put my head down on my pillow, I felt as if I was going to faint, my head felt very light. I tested my blood pressure and the reading was 141/95.

Comment from: Joy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I am a 50 year old female and I have had lightheadedness and pressure on my head, mostly the back part of my head and I am off balance. I get vibrations from my voice. I'm on Serc which helps with the dizziness. I've been like this for almost a year now and haven't been diagnosed with anything. I've had 2 MRI and a CT scan and my brain and ears are fine.

Comment from: DrDoolittle, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 21

I have bouts of extreme vertigo, dizziness, nausea. It has been so bad my husband insisted i go to the dr as he thinks my blood pressure was dropping. The nurse said you are really relax this morning as I was moving/talking so slow. My B/P was 98/58. The dr said it is because of my IBS symptoms causing dehydration. Don't know if i agree as I drink plenty of fluids everyday. Sometimes it will last for 30 minutes, sometimes for hours.

Comment from: skaiser3532@yahoo.co, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 17

I was recently diagnosed wit emphazema, COPD, high blood pressure, plus I have hypothyroidism. Lately I get ligtheaded. I am on oxygen 24/7. What might cause it?

Comment from: Neoma, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 10

I am 62, have had relatively high blood pressure most of my life. I have only one kidney so I have always been very careful what kind of medication I take. Recently they put me on blood pressure medicine. My blood pressure went down to 107/60. At the same time I started getting dizzy and lightheaded. But in addition my arms and legs felt so heavy they didn't want to move....I am lethargic and feel like I can't concentrate. I would be dangerous driving this way. So I cut my blood pressure pills in half. things got better. But recently I am dizzy and lethargic and feel awful. Took my blood pressure and it was 144/84. Not low. I guess there must be something else going on. Time to go to the Dr.

Comment from: Jimmy, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 01

I broke my C2 vertebrae in August of 2012. The last two months or so, I occasionally get dizzy if I lie down or while I am lying down and roll over to my left. This has never happened before.

Comment from: phoenixgal7, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 26

I have a dizzy spell about two to three times a week. It usually occurs at work in the mornings and always between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m. I log onto my computer and check emails, etc., and all of a sudden, my vision becomes blurred, and I start to feel dizzy and off balance. I get real hot and have to fan myself. It lasts for about five minutes and then I get cold. Once this passes, I am not bothered with it for the remainder of the day. I have had my heart checked out, and an EKG performed. An echocardiogram and stress test showed my heart is perfectly normal, my doctor says.

Dizziness - Causes Question: What caused your dizziness?
Dizziness - Standing Up Question: Please describe your experience with dizziness when standing up.
Dizziness - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your dizziness?