Patient Comments: Dizziness - Diagnosis

Please describe your diagnosis of your dizziness.

Comment from: nikkiboo, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

After laying down, especially on my back, when it's time to get up it's like the whole house is spinning. I have to lay down for a while.

Comment from: EBONYN, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

I get dizzy when I lay on my left side only. The dizziness is really weird feeling like my brain is moving around.

Comment from: Jules, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I woke up feeling unsteady with a headache and felt as if I was walking above the ground level. It was really weird as I had it once before about a year ago. I have headache today but I'm better. I do suffer from vertigo occasionally, but I've been so tired the last week or so.

Comment from: dovecall, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I have been getting light headed for the last few weeks. I went in the hospital and they said I was dehydrated and gave me fluids had took an X-ray and it showed I had bronchitis. They gave me antibiotics and also prednisone for sinusitis. I am still feeling very light headed and a lot of pressure in my head.

Comment from: came243, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

I have dizziness and there are times if I laugh too hard, I feel very light headed. I can sometimes feel a throbbing in my chest. Also, I'm not sure if it's related, but I sometimes get severe leg or feet cramps. I am on Diovan along with a water pill for high blood pressure. Recently, my blood pressure was 100/76 and the nurse thought it maybe too low for me. I really need some help.

Comment from: lesley, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

I discovered that I was losing my hearing as well. Over time it seemed that as my hearing loss worsened, the pains increased. I had a fungal infection in my right ear that also caused a spike in blood pressure and one time my left arm went numb. An ekg showed no heart problems. I have had 2 cat scans and 2 MRI's over the years, and plenty of blood tests all coming out normal. This past January, I noticed that I couldn't hear out of my right ear. I also started to get palpitations, and blurry vision while driving. The pains in my head increased. I was doing badly in school, and I started to lose my balance and fall, other times I was dizzy, and have been hallucinating, mainly colors. I went to the ER and had very high blood pressure reading despite the fact that I was taking Atenolol and Amis. My left arm went numb, and I couldn't read the eye chart, and one of the nurses had a blue chin. The doctor said that I had Meneries and prescribed the antivert. I just went through tests. One test was abnormal. Another test was inconclusive for I didn't see one red dot I saw many. Between each test I saw blue. I have been on the following medications: Antivert, Atenolol, Amitryptoline, and Valium, of course not during the tests. I now have an appointment with physical therapy and none of my doctors agree about diagnosis and medications. I am so confused. I don't know what lies in the future for me. The medications side effects produce the same effects I am trying to get rid of. The hallucinations have caused a stop of Amis, but my ENT just ordered a 6 month supply of Valium, which are addictive. I don't like this at all. In the meantime, I am still weak, but the valium has helped the tingling in my head and pain. I am more constipated, and this is from the medications. I am not working. This is causing a complete interruption of my ability to function properly. My daughter is getting married next month. This should be a glorious time, but I am being kept out of all planning and I feel so lost. I should be a part of this important day. I guess the best I can hope for is that I won't make a fool of myself.

Comment from: womanontheedge, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 24

I just found this site and was looking to see if anyone sounded like me. My dizziness started with a few spells' one right after I was swimming laps and another while I was on the computer. The next think I knew was I woke up dizzy - and it never went away. My dizziness does not feel like the room is moving around me, but more like I have movement in my head. In the beginning I would wake up (after having a hard time going to sleep because I was dizzy - like a hamster running around in there) and be so dizzy that I would throw up. I discovered that it was caused by changes in atmospheric pressure. I would try to hold my head still, but it didn't help. Being in stores bothered me. I was very sensitive to light and sound (I still am when there is a change in atmospheric pressure). I had a number of test done - cat scans, MRI's, balance tests, rotation chair, etc. I ended up with a diagnosis of endolymphatic hydrops of which meneres is a form. Treatment is a low salt diet (hard to do when you have a family) and a diuretic. I can no longer take the meds. Not all doctors agreed with the diagnosis, so who really knows. I am still dizzy 24/7 with better days now as it has been almost 9 years. If I thought I would have this forever when it started I don't know what I would have done. If anyone has what sounds like this, please comment.

Dizziness - Causes Question: What caused your dizziness?
Dizziness - Standing Up Question: Please describe your experience with dizziness when standing up.
Dizziness - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your dizziness?