Patient Comments: Dizziness - Diagnosis

Please describe your diagnosis of your dizziness.

Comment from: 65-74 (Patient) Published: March 10

I feel dizzy when I lie on the bed and try to roll over to the other side.

Comment from: Mike, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 01

The last couple of days I have started to get dizzy spells while sitting down.

Comment from: Irene, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 18

I am a personal trainer. I train 3 or 4 times a week and do hill walks as well. I don't take any prescribed medication. I had my heart tested recently after experiencing dizziness, which showed no obvious issues.

Comment from: Joyce, 65-74 Male (Caregiver) Published: January 26

My husband has atrial fibrillation. It is being controlled by medicines. His pulse has been under 100. He just got up to walk to the kitchen and felt dizzy. I took his blood pressure and it was normal. His heart rate was 47.

Comment from: radha, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I feel spaced out for a split second, while sitting, walking, talking, etc. Sometimes my vision gets blurred. This has been continuing for a week now. Six months back I had sustained a blunt head injury.

Comment from: ninkinindy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

When I"m dizzy if I close my eyes it feels like everything around me is moving; side to side and up and down. It feels like I"m on a boat with rough seas. I have some or all of the following: headache, blurred/double vision, poor balance - I look like I"m drunk; I am sweaty, very spacy, very shaky, and can"t think or remember. The doctor sent me to the emergency room (ER) for blood work and an MRI which was, thankfully, normal. Diagnosis was vertigo. I"d had some of the symptoms off and on for months, and couldn"t figure out why I felt so bad. I have many medical problems but none that would account for this. No medicines were prescribed, but ER doctor suggested Benadryl if symptoms got bad again. Last few days I"ve felt relatively normal. I"ve been referred to a neurologist. I"ve been told there"s not a lot that can be done for vertigo, but I"ll appreciate any relief.

Comment from: loving sonu, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: March 26

I am suffering with dizziness from long time, sometime better, sometime sick. I drink lots of water but mouth gets dry, and I get thirsty; I always want to sleep but when I try can't sleep or relax, my head going like vertigo. I have headache and my vision is not good, I can't see things clearly. My skin also is a bit dry and I have some rashes. It look I have heat in body that's why there is a lack of water and I get dizziness.

Comment from: mike, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 06

A week ago I started getting dizzy spells and mild headaches and first we thought it was because we moved into an RV and it wasn't totally level; we also checked for carbon monoxide. The other half is having no problems and we are not using the propane for heat, only electric heaters. My ears are not ringing or anything like that. It's slowly getting worse. I do have a pectus chest, I wonder if that could have anything to do with it.

Dizziness - Causes Question: What caused your dizziness?
Dizziness - Standing Up Question: Please describe your experience with dizziness when standing up.
Dizziness - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your dizziness?