Patient Comments: Dizziness - Diagnosis

Please describe your diagnosis of your dizziness.

Comment from: nikkiboo, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

After laying down, especially on my back, when it's time to get up it's like the whole house is spinning. I have to lay down for a while.

Comment from: Linda, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 28

I feel dizzy about every few minutes like seeing a flash bulb flash in my face, it can also feel like an electrical short.

Comment from: wick, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 13

For years I been having dizziness and fainting. In last three years when I fainted, one time I broke my ankle because I moved too fast getting out of my car. I see a neurologist, we tried stopping medicine, but nothing seems to work. I have to learn to live with it by moving very slow. He told me last test is a tilt table test, if that doesn't show anything I just will have to live with it and learn how to manage with it.

Comment from: trish, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

I have had light headiness for a while now. At first my doctor thought it was vertigo so I did the exercises for that and it seemed to go away. So when it came back again I did the exercises but this time it didn't go away, I have had the Depo injection but that that wore off in September so now I'm having my wisdom teeth removed hoping that could be the reason to my light headiness due to pressure on my brain. I'm anemic but I'm taking iron tablets for that and the doctor is happy with my red blood cell levels now. Some days it is worse than others, I have had all the tests that I need and I'm seeing my physician on Monday, I don't think it's anything to do with my heart.

Comment from: Female Published: April 24

My 54-year-old son had dizziness. He could not drive. He took all kinds of tests and found nothing. He did some research and found out that he was drinking too much caffeine. He eliminated coffee, coke, etc., from his diet and the dizziness has gone away.

Comment from: EBONYN, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

I get dizzy when I lay on my left side only. The dizziness is really weird feeling like my brain is moving around.

Comment from: Jules, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I woke up feeling unsteady with a headache and felt as if I was walking above the ground level. It was really weird as I had it once before about a year ago. I have headache today but I'm better. I do suffer from vertigo occasionally, but I've been so tired the last week or so.

Comment from: dovecall, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I have been getting light headed for the last few weeks. I went in the hospital and they said I was dehydrated and gave me fluids had took an X-ray and it showed I had bronchitis. They gave me antibiotics and also prednisone for sinusitis. I am still feeling very light headed and a lot of pressure in my head.

Comment from: came243, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

I have dizziness and there are times if I laugh too hard, I feel very light headed. I can sometimes feel a throbbing in my chest. Also, I'm not sure if it's related, but I sometimes get severe leg or feet cramps. I am on Diovan along with a water pill for high blood pressure. Recently, my blood pressure was 100/76 and the nurse thought it maybe too low for me. I really need some help.

Dizziness - Causes Question: What caused your dizziness?
Dizziness - Standing Up Question: Please describe your experience with dizziness when standing up.
Dizziness - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your dizziness?