Patient Comments: Dizziness - Diagnosis

Please describe your diagnosis of your dizziness.

Comment from: DAR, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I get very dizzy and almost pass out when I laugh hard. It is really scaring me.

Comment from: Carol H., 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I am feeling dizzy and off balance and have nausea.

Comment from: LADYBUGG, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I have been diagnosed with vertigo, but it has subsided with physical therapy. I haven"t had any episodes until a year ago, but it isn"t the same. Lately, I get extremely dizzy upon standing, followed by throbbing inside my head, like it"s going to explode. My legs feel like they are going to give out on me and I have to hurry and find a place to sit. At times, I feel like I"m walking up a hill, and my left ear feels like I have a cup covering it. I wonder if this is a vertigo or a cardio problem.

Comment from: red, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: December 19

Since taking amoxicillin 500 mg, I have been dizzy, and I feel hungry right after I eat. I am taking the medications because of tooth pain; I will be seeing an endodontist for evaluation. I am wondering if the medicines could cause the dizziness.

Comment from: Dizzy G., 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

I would get bouts of severe dizziness and nausea that would last 24 to 36 hours. At these times, I would be extremely weak and have to sleep all day and night. I went to primary care physicians, heart doctors and ear, nose and throat specialists. Finally, I concluded that I was drinking too much iced tea. I thought either the liquid was reducing my sodium level or else the caffeine was messing with my adrenaline. I quit drinking iced tea and other caffeine drinks and I haven't had any dizziness, nausea, or weakness for three months now and I can sleep a lot better.

Comment from: wick, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 13

For years I been having dizziness and fainting. In last three years when I fainted, one time I broke my ankle because I moved too fast getting out of my car. I see a neurologist, we tried stopping medicine, but nothing seems to work. I have to learn to live with it by moving very slow. He told me last test is a tilt table test, if that doesn't show anything I just will have to live with it and learn how to manage with it.

Comment from: trish, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

I have had light headiness for a while now. At first my doctor thought it was vertigo so I did the exercises for that and it seemed to go away. So when it came back again I did the exercises but this time it didn't go away, I have had the Depo injection but that that wore off in September so now I'm having my wisdom teeth removed hoping that could be the reason to my light headiness due to pressure on my brain. I'm anemic but I'm taking iron tablets for that and the doctor is happy with my red blood cell levels now. Some days it is worse than others, I have had all the tests that I need and I'm seeing my physician on Monday, I don't think it's anything to do with my heart.

Comment from: Female Published: April 24

My 54-year-old son had dizziness. He could not drive. He took all kinds of tests and found nothing. He did some research and found out that he was drinking too much caffeine. He eliminated coffee, coke, etc., from his diet and the dizziness has gone away.

Comment from: Sharon W., 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

Three mornings in a row when I got up I was off balance and felt like I couldn"t stand up or walk right or was going to fall. It went away in a few minutes after being up.

Dizziness - Causes Question: What caused your dizziness?
Dizziness - Standing Up Question: Please describe your experience with dizziness when standing up.
Dizziness - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your dizziness?