Patient Comments: Dizziness - Causes

What caused your dizziness?

Comment from: ninkinindy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I wish I knew what caused my dizziness! I know some of the things that make it worse. The worst thing is bending over and straightening back up. Sitting up doesn"t seem to bring it on. Moderate exercise made it worse today. So did being the in whirlpool for 20 minutes, but otherwise that felt so good! My balance isn"t good to start with, I"ve used a cane for several years now; but this dizziness makes it imperative whenever I walk, even very short distances like from one side of a small room to the other. But those are symptoms, not the cause.

Comment from: Anne, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I have been struggling with dizziness for over a year. It all started when I got a blast of hot water in my right ear at a hotel hot tub. The 1st week was vertigo at night, then dizziness during the day. The vertigo has gone but I'm left with dizziness 24/7. I have had all the tests done, nothing has helped. I recently took a transatlantic flight, and the problem has significantly worsened. I think the pressure inside the aircraft did me in. This is an unbearable way to live.

Comment from: Marie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

I was feeling fine when I went to sleep. It was extremely cold in the house, and I slept in a draft, when I woke up, even my head was cold. I stood up and I was very dizzy, I had to hold onto the walls. I felt lightheaded. I take Benicar for high blood pressure.

Comment from: DIZZINESS, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 25

I am suffering from dizziness for a long time. Several investigations done, only fatty liver showed. I had CT scan of head and abdomen and consulted even an ENT doctor who advised me to have antidepressant sertraline 150mg.

Comment from: Marsha, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 21

I too have had a constant dizzy feeling 24/7 for about a yr. and a half now. I had an MRI, PT, saw an ENT, took Xanax, chiropractic, massage, acupuncture, and nothing cures it. I supposedly have Benign Positional Vertigo that just came about one day. Some days are unbearable because I just want to feel NORMAL again. Can't do anything quickly anymore! I get depressed from it at times - very discouraged that nothing helps it go away! I am only 58 and don't want this for 30 yrs. if I have that long to live! What about "Vestibular Therapy" from a PT? I really would like some answers and I like to do things naturally rather than pills that just mask the situation.

Comment from: Delorez, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

I have no idea what caused the dizziness. I feel as if the room is spinning; especially lying down.

Comment from: Teresa A., 55-64 Female Published: September 27

I bumped my forehead 8 days ago. Following a mild concussion I had an MRI scan which showed a small amount of calcification to the back of my brain. My blood pressure was high following the bump.

Comment from: Leanne, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 26

I have been struggling with dizziness for about 8 years. Sometimes I get so dizzy that I can't walk. When it first happened I was sent to an ear specialist that felt my crystals in my inner ear had fallen out of place. After strapping me in a chair and flipping around, nauseated instantly I had to remain upright for 48 hours. At this point lying down was not an option, dizzy spins took over. The crystal thing didn't seem to work as I still struggle with dizziness regularly. Recently I have found out that I struggle with low blood pressure, no one has ever related the two. I guess low blood pressure is something that is in my family (distant) some days are worse than others and when I am run down, sick or overtired the vertigo gets worse. The other day I took my blood pressure and it was 103/63, I am a 46 year old women.

Dizziness - Diagnosis Question: Please describe your diagnosis of your dizziness.
Dizziness - Standing Up Question: Please describe your experience with dizziness when standing up.
Dizziness - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your dizziness?