Patient Comments: Dizziness - Causes

What caused your dizziness?

Comment from: ME, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 18

I suddenly was having a vertigo/dizziness problem for 2 days. Turns out I was dehydrated from working out at the gym on a regular basis. Despite drinking what I thought was an adequate amount of water, I was chronically dehydrated for a period of time. Drinking a lot of water ended the problem.

Comment from: Hannah, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 08

I have had dizziness now for a week and I get a mild pain between my breasts sometimes, and a headache. It started on last Saturday when I took my ear plugs out after my nap. I stood up and was nauseated and really dizzy. I thought it would pass quickly but I still have it and I'm getting worried. I'm going to make a doctor appointment so I can get to the bottom of this. I also have weird vision sometimes. Looking at my iPad is making my eyes weird right now. I hope this isn't due to my heart.

Comment from: DOTMAN, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 14

I always have dizziness each time I had sex to the extent that I almost fell off while standing because I used to stand up from bed to clean up after each time.

Comment from: Venigalla, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 11

I am feeling dizzy since 2 days. Recently my stress levels are increased. Perhaps this is the reason for my dizziness or maybe any other. I am a hypothyroid patient. My TSH was 7.7 last month and now it increased to 9.7. I am worried about this.

Comment from: ninkinindy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I wish I knew what caused my dizziness! I know some of the things that make it worse. The worst thing is bending over and straightening back up. Sitting up doesn"t seem to bring it on. Moderate exercise made it worse today. So did being the in whirlpool for 20 minutes, but otherwise that felt so good! My balance isn"t good to start with, I"ve used a cane for several years now; but this dizziness makes it imperative whenever I walk, even very short distances like from one side of a small room to the other. But those are symptoms, not the cause.

Comment from: abhilash, 35-44 Female Published: June 10

In my tests my hematocrit (packed cell volume) is high, i.e., 51.0 more than the normal which is 40 to 50 in volume percentage.

Comment from: louwho, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 01

I have been told I have extremely dense breast tissue and have had since I began having mammograms nearly 12 years ago. I have seen the pictures of my mammograms, and they are nearly entirely solid white. I know there is no way anyone can see anything behind it. I do have follow up ultrasounds, but have heard they also miss cancers. I wonder if a breast MRI would be in order also along with a consultation with a breast surgeon. It is unsettling to see the reaction I get from the radiology staff during the mammogram and ultrasound on how dense the breast tissue is and I am afraid they may be missing something.

Comment from: Carol, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 29

I got up one morning and was so dizzy I could not walk without holding the wall to help me stay standing. I got nauseous and this lasted most of the day until I took something for nausea, then up and felt better eventually. This happened again about a week later, but I was sitting up and when I got up to move I was so dizzy I could not stand up. My blood pressure was up a little but not much. A week later I found out we had a gas leak in the house, which was fixed due to several leaks in the home. The gas stove line leading to pilot light, and water heater valve and the heater had a leak, and maybe the buildup created bad air and affected me, or it could be it happens when you get up in the morning. Try sleeping by yourself and see if you feel better, if that solves the problem then think about who you are sleeping with. I have been to many doctors too maybe the culprit is the bedroom.

Dizziness - Diagnosis Question: Please describe your diagnosis of your dizziness.
Dizziness - Standing Up Question: Please describe your experience with dizziness when standing up.
Dizziness - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your dizziness?