Patient Comments: Dizziness - Causes

What caused your dizziness?

Comment from: Hannah, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 08

I have had dizziness now for a week and I get a mild pain between my breasts sometimes, and a headache. It started on last Saturday when I took my ear plugs out after my nap. I stood up and was nauseated and really dizzy. I thought it would pass quickly but I still have it and I'm getting worried. I'm going to make a doctor appointment so I can get to the bottom of this. I also have weird vision sometimes. Looking at my iPad is making my eyes weird right now. I hope this isn't due to my heart.

Comment from: DOTMAN, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 14

I always have dizziness each time I had sex to the extent that I almost fell off while standing because I used to stand up from bed to clean up after each time.

Comment from: Venigalla, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 11

I am feeling dizzy since 2 days. Recently my stress levels are increased. Perhaps this is the reason for my dizziness or maybe any other. I am a hypothyroid patient. My TSH was 7.7 last month and now it increased to 9.7. I am worried about this.

Comment from: ninkinindy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I wish I knew what caused my dizziness! I know some of the things that make it worse. The worst thing is bending over and straightening back up. Sitting up doesn"t seem to bring it on. Moderate exercise made it worse today. So did being the in whirlpool for 20 minutes, but otherwise that felt so good! My balance isn"t good to start with, I"ve used a cane for several years now; but this dizziness makes it imperative whenever I walk, even very short distances like from one side of a small room to the other. But those are symptoms, not the cause.

Comment from: Anne, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I have been struggling with dizziness for over a year. It all started when I got a blast of hot water in my right ear at a hotel hot tub. The 1st week was vertigo at night, then dizziness during the day. The vertigo has gone but I'm left with dizziness 24/7. I have had all the tests done, nothing has helped. I recently took a transatlantic flight, and the problem has significantly worsened. I think the pressure inside the aircraft did me in. This is an unbearable way to live.

Comment from: mikey 0000, Male (Caregiver) Published: October 09

My father is a diabetic. He is really sleepy, nauseous, dizzy-headed, and lightheaded and he also has numb fingers. He is sweating a lot and his fingers and toes are swollen.

Comment from: Adam Me, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 06

I started with vertigo about 15 years ago. The doctor said that it was just vertigo, no reason behind it. Someone said here that they have low blood pressure; that is the same thing that I have and it's hereditary. Some days I don't feel it at all. However today I took a long rushed walk and when I returned back to the office, I've had major vertigo. I thought I was dehydrated and drank tons of fluids and had some tea, still no go.

Comment from: Marie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

I was feeling fine when I went to sleep. It was extremely cold in the house, and I slept in a draft, when I woke up, even my head was cold. I stood up and I was very dizzy, I had to hold onto the walls. I felt lightheaded. I take Benicar for high blood pressure.

Dizziness - Diagnosis Question: Please describe your diagnosis of your dizziness.
Dizziness - Standing Up Question: Please describe your experience with dizziness when standing up.
Dizziness - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your dizziness?