Patient Comments: Dizziness - Causes

What caused your dizziness?

Comment from: annielittlechick, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 23

My blood pressure at 2:30 p.m. was 139/45 and I feel very dizzy. I am anemic and I had my last shot of iron this morning but I sill feel very light headed. I am taking lisinopril 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 at night but I still do not feel good. I have been feeling like this for the last two months.

Comment from: ddura281, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 07

I got my first dizzy spell about 3 months after the birth of my last baby by c-section, I also got a tie-off. I am dizzy every day since December 22, 2010. My doctor had me do blood work and it came back with a low Hbg (9.7) and Hct (30.5). He diagnosed me with anemia and gave me Ferreron Tablets for 3 months. I am on iron pills since then but my pressure before and after taking the supplements have exceeded my usual 100/70 and 90/60 mark, once it went to 140/90! I still have dizzy spells but cannot take anymore iron supplement as it may be causing my blood pressure to increase and the dizziness to last all day and night.

Comment from: thirtysomething, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 02

My baby woke me up in the middle of the night and when I stood up getting out of bed I was extremely dizzy. The room was spinning and I almost fell over. I thought at first I was just really tired but then when I went to lay back down the dizziness got even worse and the room started spinning harder. I felt drunk but I wasn't. I sat up and the spinning subsided some then I got sick to my stomach and thought I was going to vomit but never did. After about an hour the spinning stopped and I was able to lay down and go back to sleep. I woke up at my usual time and felt better, kind of dizzy but not spinning.

Comment from: spunky, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 05

7 years ago at work I started feeling dizzy, like falling in a black hole but managed to pull myself out of it. I have ever since suffered with dizziness. A few weeks ago I had double vision, it lasted about 10 min. I am very sensitive to noise and movement. I am currently seeing a neurologist, had a cat scan and all related tests. They found I have a brain irritation and have been taking medication, but the dizziness is still as bad as ever.

Comment from: Patti, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 27

I was walking my small dog at a fast pace on the sidewalk down the hill where we live when suddenly I started losing my balance and felt just a little lightheaded. I fell on my right side over the curb. I did not pass out. I'm on B/P meds: 5mg Lotensin and 5mg Norvasc. Also cholesterol Zocor 20mg.

Dizziness - Diagnosis Question: Please describe your diagnosis of your dizziness.
Dizziness - Standing Up Question: Please describe your experience with dizziness when standing up.
Dizziness - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your dizziness?