Patient Comments: Dizziness - Causes

What caused your dizziness?

Comment from: Starboy, 65-74 Male Published: January 10

I was doing my morning stretches with some sit-ups as usual for the last 38 years. Suddenly, I felt so dizzy I had to hang onto the coffee table while my symptoms subsided. I could not have stood on my feet. In about a minute, the dizziness declined, but any time I bent over or looked up it returned. I still feel strange and fragile. The room wasn't spinning; the dizziness was inside my brain. I am 67, healthy, strong and live a physically active lifestyle. I have slightly elevated blood pressure: I take one 81mg aspirin/day and no other medicines.

Comment from: proudvet, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: July 07

I remember just like yesterday. I was outside with my wife when all of sudden I felt dizzy and everything was spinning. I saw stars just like in the cartoon.

Comment from: Delorez, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

I have no idea what caused the dizziness. I feel as if the room is spinning; especially lying down.

Comment from: SONI, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 28

Rising up after sitting for a while cases my dizziness.

Comment from: juanita, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I stopped taking Celexa and now I am experiencing dizziness.

Comment from: shanora, 35-44 (Patient) Published: October 08

I started getting severely dizzy when I started on a beta blocker.

Comment from: Dizzy, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 17

Its fruit harvest time again in Asia and I am getting strange symptoms. A friend told me my sore gums were caused by eating rambutans. I researched this and see they are a traditional cure for that. Also they cure hypertension. Eureka. For two weeks I have eaten about 5 rambutan a day and now can not get out of bed in the morning without nearly passing out with dizziness. Why do people say this cures hypertension without warning that in fact it reduces blood pressure. Boy are these fruit strong medication. Now I see the cause of the dizziness.

Comment from: fluorouracil 0.5 cre, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 29

I used Fluorouracil 0.5 topical cream for precancer treatment. After two weeks, I got so lightheaded and dizzy I thought I was going to pass out. Beware of this side effect, as my doctor didn't put two and two together and said cream would not have done that. Trust me – it did.

Comment from: Virgo1x, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 20

I have been feeling dizzy for a few days and feel like I'm going to pass out. I have gone to the doctor and told him how I have been feeling, and all I get is pill after pill.

Comment from: Kimo2327, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 03

I am on quite a few medications including antidepressants. Today I had a really big dizziness feeling while turning my head in a grocery store. I had to turn my head back but still felt it. I had a few burgers after the feeling went away. I have prostate problems and take medication for that also. But I'm not sure what is causing it.

Dizziness - Diagnosis Question: Please describe your diagnosis of your dizziness.
Dizziness - Standing Up Question: Please describe your experience with dizziness when standing up.
Dizziness - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your dizziness?